Goodwood Breakfast Club - German Day

• Went down to the Breakfast club at Goodwood this morning, didn't think I was going to at 5.30am, as it was chucking it down here in bracknell, so went back to bed, woke for a pee @ 6.55 and checked outside.. no rain, clouds starting to break.... hmmmmmm? Yep lets go! out the door in 10, goodwood @ 8.05 :harhar:.... god I love sunday mornings really allows you test the true GT capability of the 8, and even the B roads are more stable with the new Bilstein B6 / eibach suspension working as they should.

Well a fair turn out of 8's, nearly as many as Gaydon!, nifty50 was there :winkwink: and some others I didn't recognize, and what a turn out of other german cars... a lot of Porsches :vomit:, over half the track was covered in cars + the pits etc, highlights for me included 2 x 300SL gullwings, a BITTER CD, Z8, a number of Z1's, and a Merc 220SE .... my first car fins and all..... ah memories!

The 8's appeared to be gaining lots of attention from the public with plenty taking photo's of the old girl.

If you have not been, GO it is all free unless you want breakfast which is a tenner, and you get to drive there on empty roads :top:, but the drive back is crap:banghead:.... but I guess that depends where you live!

Why have 4 when you can make a V and have 8 and roar

BMW 840Ci Sport (After 8 Club member now).... BMW X5 4.6is (LPG).... TVR Chimeara 4.0

Slipped a 6 in......Racing Dynamics K38
    And another 6.....Alpina Roadster 3.4S

• Zitat von Lloyd;83006

How often is this Rob?

Every month bar 2 when the other 2 goodwood events are on, it is normally early in the month. They have a different them every month. You will never get so close to so much much fine metal, two months ago there was a Veyron next to a Zonda spyder and enzo and no cordon! last month a Maserati Birdcage with the bonnet up..... an awesome sight..... just google Goodwood Breakfast Club.

Why have 4 when you can make a V and have 8 and roar

BMW 840Ci Sport (After 8 Club member now).... BMW X5 4.6is (LPG).... TVR Chimeara 4.0

Slipped a 6 in......Racing Dynamics K38
    And another 6.....Alpina Roadster 3.4S

• Hi Rob:winkwink:, you must have been 10 mins behind me. It was a great turnout although bitterly cold and a shame there was no logic to any of the parking. Pre registration was pointless. As you said, a good turnout of 8's but I didn't see any other 850's, must be getting very rare. I completely agree with your smilie about the Porsches:harhar: there is so many of them that they just aren't special.

The Gullwings were fabulous but the star of the show for me, was the black CLK 63 AMG, omg what a car.

Definitely a good venue for future meets for those local enough.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!