UK Insurance

• Zitat von stevep840;83107

This post is NOT about how much your insurance costs you!! more over how do you insure a second car when your NCD applies to the 1st car:banghead:

Sorry to be APITA but threads that wander off topic do my head in:rofl:

Well my house insurance..........

:laugh:

• Bottom line is if you're an old duffer like most of us on this board :top: then most insurance companies give you 3 years NCB to get you started (Admiral did with me). I think NCB is starting to lose its significance, premium seems to come down to age (most important), then car, then accidents, then convictions (unless you've got bad ones, then you really struggle). Did I start to stray off subject there? Sorry Steve :kiss:.

• Well - that'll learn me :ahhhhh:
    With the title of "UK Insurance" and the last few posts appearing to be about soaring prices, well, I suppose I must have misunderstood.
    Next time I'd better read every post and much more carefully.

I guess I need :help: to keep up with the interweb age with twitterbook and all that stuff.

Perhaps I lost the thread ;)

• Anyway - what was this about again?
    Oh yes - when I insured the 8 as a classic they weren't interested in my NCD/NCB, so transferred my 10 years worth onto my other car.

Is that relevant? - Or will I get excommunicated? :mrgreen-angel: :aetsch:

• Well my details were 3yrs NCB, max value of GBP 7,500, Limited mileage of 5,000 p.a., garaged, 45yr old one named driver (me) and my price was GBP 700 with Ensign via Adrian Flux. The only reason I chose this deal was at the time I needed someone that would insure the vehicle on the VIN number as I was importing the car into the UK and needed insurance prior to being able to register the car with DVLA.

Personally I found there were better deals available, in particular in the area of the amount of European usage allowed - this is important for me as I spend a lot of time in both the UK and in Hungary and need Euro-wide cover. The best solution I found was via Stuart Collins in Swansea that work with Axa and offer UK owners 12 months Euro-wide cover for very competitive prices.

Ideally what I want is a full agreed value policy with salvage buy-back rights, fully comp and full euro cover and a multi-vehicle policy - haven't found that yet.

Multi-vehicle cover might be one solution though, my brother has a total of 3 vehicles all attaching to one policy and his NCB applies to the policy as a whole, not to an individual vehicle.

• Hi Argonaut, I am not sure how many miles I am allowed to drive in Europe (to be honest I am not sure how they can tell whether the miles you have covered are in England or abroad), I keep my 8 for weekend drives or when visiting friends/family up north or when I feel I need to have a smile put back on my face, my daily driver is my wifes ex-car a 10 yr old 1.3l ford ka, with 132,000 on the clock! My 9 years NCD is used on this.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!