Looking for UK leaders

• Hello everybody,:winkwink:

This is a call among the UK community. :poke:
    The B8CI (BMW 8er Club Intl which is the umbrella org.) is looking for its leaders. If there are members among you capable to gather the UK community in order to put up a Club registered as an association according to UK laws we would be so grateful. Since Peter Rice is very busy for the time being, he can't take care of it now. Therefore we would need any volunteers able to first gather the UK community then later put up a club.
    How's about that? The very first thing like i said would be to register the 8 series in UK then make sure the UK members are willing to do so. Then put up a club.
    Please post here and let me know...:top:

Fabrice:driver:

Que la 8 soit avec vous!:driver:
    May the 8 be with you and for always!:winkwink:

Fabrice

• Hello Arnie,

I can see you are in forum since 2006 so quite a bit now + you look pretty much involved with the 8 serie.
    It could be good if you think you can make it with other UK 8ers. So go ahead. I hope there will be some others like you willing to make a move and maybe come up with some good ideas for the UK 8er community.:top:

Fabrice

• Zitat von arnie;93824

Good idea, but having just done the same thing for another UK Charity, I know there is quite a bit of work and time involved... and pocssible expense with solicitors, accountants etc.

I'm not so sure that Arnie is offering to do it?

Forgive me Fabrice but I don't quite understand what is trying to be achieved with this:hmmmm: Can you please expand on your expectations? Doesn't a register already exist?

• What Fabrice is trying to say is that he would like to see the UK e31 community grow, and that a contact person would step forward and act as a link between the international community on 8er.org and the UK.
    This person would also be invited to join the 8er.org leader board to represent UK, and have an impact on how the forum and the international community will head in the future.

Our goal is to have representatives from all countries on the leader board, and now we reach out to the users from the countries that we know are active on this forum, and encourage someone to take it upon themselves to represent their country on the board, and to create an organized community that can grow in their respective countries under the umbrella of 8er.org as a true international e31 club.

I know for a fact that there are many UK users on this forum, and we would like to have UK as part of our board.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• I tried to 'rally the troupes" a few years ago:hmmmm:

I tried to organise a UK meet similar to those arranged in central Europe ie 2/3 days, at that time there were around 20 hard core 8ers from around the country but I could not get a single member to support the idea, too many tame excuses:oops: it's a sad enditement on the UK group & I guess this idea will receive the same support. Shame really.

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat von stevep840;93847

I tried to 'rally the troupes" a few years ago:hmmmm:

I tried to organise a UK meet similar to those arranged in central Europe ie 2/3 days, at that time there were around 20 hard core 8ers from around the country but I could not get a single member to support the idea, too many tame excuses:oops: it's a sad enditement on the UK group & I guess this idea will receive the same support. Shame really.

You should try one more time :top: and possibly combine this effort with UK members coming to the Swedish meeting in June.
    http://www.8er.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12647
    As I understand there is a direct ferry going from UK to Sweden.:)

Think that possibly could be a boost for the community.

Regards
    Terje

• Zitat von stevep840;93847

I tried to 'rally the troupes" a few years ago:hmmmm:

I agree with you Steve; one only has to look at the indifference shown back in July when trying to rally the troupes for Gaydon! I just think people have such busy lives.

Nevertheless, Terje has a good point and perhaps we shouldn't give up trying so easily. Let's wait and see what other comments appear on this thread :)

Cheers
    Graham

• Hi Terje, Well maybe,but a few years back I attended one of Dick B mini tours of middle Holland & thoroughly enjoyed it but only Peter rice & myself made it,& Holland is our near neighbor!!!!:banghead:

• Hello Graham and Steve i met both of you at Dutch and Belgian meetings:kiss:
    Yes yes and yes.... you have to try hard:poke:

Egil explained my thoughts very well. And Terje is right that you guys try to get togeither your troops. That's the same in France everybody has a life in the end but i'm sure if you bring the first intentions there will be people following sometimes then little by little get some new people.
    First try to get in touch with UK 8ers by phone or mail. Sorry i got to go to my dentist appointment... I'll get back shortly!:oops:

Fabrice

Fabrice

• If it is any consolation, in Norway most things are handled by Terje and myself.
    We have 60-80 people on an e-mail list, but there is not much activity.
    We have also tried to get people to join this forum, but it's a slow process.

Our meeting last year did not attract as many Norwegians as we had hoped, we had 10 Norwegian cars, and 5 of them was from this city, only 3 Norwegian cars had a longer drive to get here.
    Fortunately we had 14 cars from other parts of Europe attending.

I would like to come to the UK for a meeting, despite the awkwardness of getting there from Norway.

Last time there was a meeting in Sweden (2010) we managed to get 7 Norwegian cars, for the 2012 meeting we hope to get at least 10.

I do understand that previous efforts have failed, and it does require a lot of work keeping the community going, and people need to be constantly reminded about it.

Like I mentioned, In Norway we have had a mailing list for 1,5-2 years now, and in the beginning it was dead, only Terje and myself sent the occasional mail.
    This summer however a few other people have sent mails asking for help ect.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• It's about the same in France anyway. But constant efforts pay!:cool:

Me too, i'd love to attend a meeting in England... England is almost like my second home i have spent so much time when i was a teenager... Mostly with english girls!:rofl: I remember they loved french kisses:rofl::harhar:
    Anyway yes i'd like to come over for a meeting.
    Find out who are interrested in getting as many 8ers to be a part of your community then put up a club in regards of the english laws. Put up an association like any club in Britain.:top:
    In France i started to write the status based upon the spanish status, other clubs status and french associations laws. Then 6 other members joined me in the board. Now 2 has resigned since then. And we are almost 40 club members for the 2nd year! Little by little we make it up.
    We made our logo, club name in regards of BMW guidelines that we can pass you. We made a membership card for the club members, we (the board) have our own business cards with logo, club name, position, name and address. For goodies, we recently made jackets and polos with club name and logo, we made pens and screwdrivers with club name and logo. And of course stickers with club name and logos.:devilchilli:
    So you see there are a lot to be done. Plus we try to organize and encourage anybody throughout France to put up meetings.
    The idea is also to help people to maintain their 8 serie so we help them how to do things.We also encourage people within the club to make tutorials only available for the club members of course! Because unfortunatly,there are always people trying to get informations who don't event say in a polite way and leave the forum once they have their info and never show up again! Which isn't correct and not in accordance with our policy and club philosophy.

We recently have created a facebook page ideal for a commercial and a link to our site 8.org. Also try to show up at maximum auto shows to get new members and give infos about the 8 serie. Make the people aware that the 8 serie is a good car. And of course show the 8 serie as the ultimate machine! lol

Fabrice

• Bellow are pics from 2011 Silverstone Classic.
    As you can tell I attended the Event, 4 8's turned up for the BMW CAR CLUB UK.
    10 cars had booked
    I and the wife paid £200 each for 2 days (fri+sat)
    The best event yet.
    THE BMW CAR CLUB rep gave us 2 complimentary tickets for free for the sunday.
    The gifted were tickets for the whole weekend :banghead::banghead::banghead:
    The weekend cost £200 tickets
    £200 fuel 6hrs total drive
    £180 hotel
    I was unhappy that BMCC had a boot full of complimantry tickets, and only gave to us to keep the numbers up.
    If someone takes up this offer of being a leader I hope he or she can organise events.
    just my 2pence worth

• Hi Terje

This what will stand in our way,based on my UK location

Travel to Ferry port Fuel £120

Return car ferry £598:help:

Hotel Sweden £300

Expenses ie fuel in Sweden? £200

Return home Fuel £120

Total Estimated cost £1338 for a wk end Car Meet:hmmmm:

Can't see that there would be many takers:dontknow:

• Yes i can undesrtand that. Prices easily raise as soon as you travel long distances. The cost for the trip is important compared with the rest.:roll:

Anyway are there anybody who would llike to be a representative in UK?

Fabrice

Fabrice

• You can come to our int. weekendmeeting in the Netherlands in Mai 2012, much cheaper!!:devilchilli:

Since we are the only official BMW E31 club except the Germans in the world, we can offer you also any help you will need to get further with grounding a (country) E31 club, official or not.
    Also I'm the ambassador Cars of the BMW Clubs Federation of the Netherlands, so I can tell you more how it works at that side.
    You don't stand alone in it!:kiss:

So, don't say what is making it difficult, but do it, also when you only get a few members, more will follow in the years.
    We started with 12 members and we have now more than 100 and had a 5 year BMW celibrationfest two months ago.

Perhaps we should be consider te have less big meetings so it's easier to attend to meetings abroad in these less times, as Steve(and Egil, Terje & Fabrice) knows it's very nice to meet and drive together on a weekend, it's not spending money for nothing.:mrgreen:
    We will also do a meeting at the coast of Belgium this year, so you can take the ferry also than.:driver:.

You will try to found a club?:poke:

E31, the road to go!:winkwink:
    Dick
    President BMW Club E31 Nederland
    President BMW 8er Clubs International(B8CI)
    President Federatie Nederlandse BMW Clubs(FNBC)
    President BMW Auto Clubs Nederland(BACN)

• I keep thinking I may have something to offer in this area, but time management is a problem for me and (my marriage excepted) I also have commitment issues.

On the plus side my E31 journey has only just belatedly started so there is no weariness at all.. my short-to-medium-term goal is to devise an E31 London Landmarks drive-past involving as many 8ers as humanly possible to attract. (Some fantastic pictures and what a buzz that would be..) I have been giving that some thought, in terms of what I could offer alongside the 'driving' bit, that could perhaps appeal to 8ers from further away than the M25 ringroad, and bring them here in respectable numbers. As yet I'm on the starting grid with that. This spring/ summer there is no reason I can't at least ask around.

I'm not always able to attend meets and to be honest I'm not the club organising type, also little time outside my various hobbies, family and so on.. but I'll respond to UK initiatives as best i can.

• Hello there,:winkwink:

We are still looking for fresh blood coming from UK to work alongside with Peter J Rice when he is not available. Please name yourself if you are interrested in that position.:help:
    Don't worry it won't take all your time.:poke:
    We offer you to participate to our annual meeting held in Paris on november 24 as a guest.:top:

Fabrice

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!