2012-08-19 - UK - BMW Festival Gaydon

• Yes I know it's still January but was thinking if there would be enough interest this year that the forum could have it's own stand/ display??., I'm no longer a Bm car club member & as I've not been for 3 years I'd prefere to be in the main areana & not the car park;-)

Give me your thoughts please.

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• I've got a feeling we have to be BMWCC members to get in the main arena area. At least that was the case last year.
    TBH each year I say I'm not going, as it is pretty dire, but then decide to go really just to meet up with the 10 or so other 8 series bods.
    I'm game if others are, but agree you wouldn't want to be shoved up in the car park

• I guess I'll join the fold again then[maybe] but other car forums get center stage??? but it has to be organised well in advance, BMW 5 forum usually get around 40 cars, Bimmer forums get similar, I guess that's the problem we guys are just not organised:hmmmm:

• Tell you what, I'll get in touch with the BMWCC and see if they can allocate us some space. Only problem with the smaller clubs is that you then find the odd e31 , or others, littered about in 1s and 2s.
    What about just going to the 'normal' E31 space in the main arena? Perhaps then we could get a couple of banners put together to promote the clube31 site.
    I do fancy meeting up with a few bods though.

• If we keep discussing ? the thread stays on the front page anyway?

But I realise I've not really thought this one through:hmmmm:

We probably have a hardcore of 6 or 8 cars on here, then there are a good 10/15 on BF uk but not members here? so if they are not Bm car club members they most certainly will be there but in fragmented sections & there in-lies the problem same as always!

I think we just need to do the membership route & try & keep as many together as possible:dontknow::winkwink:

• Steve I didnt go to the pre gaydon one, however the first wrench fest was good lots of chat and the chance to put the car up on the ramp and use PR tools to fiddle. Plus we could all lust over his B12 etc.
    I have 4 ramps at college etc.

:driving2:Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

• Zitat von Lloyd;95362

Steve I didnt go to the pre gaydon one, however the first wrench fest was good lots of chat and the chance to put the car up on the ramp and use PR tools to fiddle. Plus we could all lust over his B12 etc.
    I have 4 ramps at college etc.

Well i certainly need no excuse for traveling up your way now that i have beautiful twin Granddaughters in Watford , so put me down .

Need to start a new thread me thinks:cool:

• show me the way

Where is this Gaydon place anyway (as in how far from London)....I might make a special trip out for this...may even ship my 8 in for the show:driver:

Almahdi 'Matti' Alwazir
    1991 850ci Black/Black
    1999 M Coupe Estoril/Estoril-Black (S50B32)
    2002 M Coupe Sapphire Black/Black (S54)

• Zitat von Racer MXM;96464

I might make a special trip out for this...may even ship my 8 in for the show:driver:

IMHO It's a decent day out for most people in the UK but not worth the effort you are considering.

• Meeting

I hope I am back over there soon an can attend this and other meetings. The real estate market is flat and I have son=me to sell before I make tracks. I dont know how many 8ers could be assembled but waht about a Group. In BC we have over 100 members now and our geography is enormous [admittedly our gas [petrol is much cheaper]surely we could get some sort of assemblage going? Heres an Emblem I have made for your thought.

• Zitat von Nifty50;96466

IMHO It's a decent day out for most people in the UK but not worth the effort you are considering.

I hear ya...maybe I won't ship the 8 in, but as for the rest of the effort, I am usually in London 3 times a year, and more frequent now that my father is in treatment there so I might just be in town anyway.

I should buy an 8 there and keep it at our flat, but your petrol prices are through the roof!!! Although the prices on 8's in the UK are very attractive.

Almahdi 'Matti' Alwazir
    1991 850ci Black/Black
    1999 M Coupe Estoril/Estoril-Black (S50B32)
    2002 M Coupe Sapphire Black/Black (S54)

• Zitat von stevep840;95214

Yes I know it's still January but was thinking if there would be enough interest this year that the forum could have it's own stand/ display??., I'm no longer a Bm car club member & as I've not been for 3 years I'd prefere to be in the main areana & not the car park;-)

Give me your thoughts please.

i'll probably go stevie. update this thread with some meet details if your still interested.
    T

• Hi ya Tony, i'm definitely going but not in the 8, booked in on the 17th Aug for Respray, top quality guy so I decided to join his 8 week waiting list:top:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!