2012-08-19 - UK - BMW Festival Gaydon

• Zitat von Racer MXM;96766

but your petrol prices are through the roof!!!

:poke:

and where does our oil come from?????

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• Zitat von sandwich;102475

Anyone go? Any pics?

Yes and No.

You were sorely missed Steve, thought you would be there.

There must have been about 15 8's there by midday but were spread around all over the place. When I arrived I was sent to the e31 display area behind the Alpinas but when no-one else arrived I wandered about and found half a dozen 8's in concours and a couple in show and shine. I decided to pay another £5 and got a spot in concours where I even got judged after having told them I was only parking there to be with the others.

I later saw the other 8's parked randomly over near the German e12 contingent who had been on a UK trip and ended at Gaydon on their last day. I have never before heard so many people answer to the name of Reinhard, there was loads and I thought there was only one:winkwink:

All in all a good day and the organisers were telling me that it was the greatest gathering to date; they might have to consider a bigger venue if it keeps growing. There seemed to be more owners this year and less general public.

Almost forgot, I did take a couple of photos of some poor bugger's X5 who had to smash his rear quarter light after locking the keys inside:banghead: This happened quite early in the morning and the sound of wheel brace on glass attracted quite a crowd. I am mentioning no names!!

Cheers
    Graham

• Hi Graham, Bloody Hot wasn't it:harhar: yeah i too thought there were less visitors than normal, on the way out I noticed a red csi parked on the grass, it a reg plate ending TEE, just wondered if our old member tristan is back in a Csi??? any one Know?

Those who risk nothing,achieve nothing,become nothing.

• Zitat von stevep840;102508

Hi Graham, Bloody Hot wasn't it:harhar: yeah i too thought there were less visitors than normal, on the way out I noticed a red csi parked on the grass, it a reg plate ending TEE, just wondered if our old member tristan is back in a Csi??? any one Know?

Sorry I missed you Steve, I spent a lot of time chatting with Nigel ?(black 850), very nice chap. I didn't notice the red CSi so that makes one more.

Crikey, was it hot or what! I clocked 32.5 deg at about 3.45pm.

Picke up a great convoy on route home with an M3 and a Lamborghini Gallardo, steady 100mph for 60 miles down the M40 (I must be bonkers!)

Cheers
    Graham

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!