2012-05-06 - UK - Duxford meeting

• The meeting at Duxford is one of the best, and this year it is the only one as the summer show is cancelled due to the Olympics. The meeting is in the grounds of the Duxford Imperial War Museum which is not only a fascinating place, loaded with history of its important role in WWII, but also a working airbase with flying examples of warbirds - one of my favourite places in the UK.

The car show is not just for BMW's, all makes are present from all era's, even a few motorbikes make an appearance, a whole bunch of Vincent HRD's turned up last year. Here's the most Delorean's I've seen in one place, and yes, a few have been converted for time travel:

The BMW contingent was traditionally organised by the late, and much missed Bernie Howell. Bernie always managed to persuade a lot of members to turn up, the largest contingent being the 7-Series (E32/E38), but we have recently increased the number of E31's considerably:

This year, the 7-Series and the 8-Series are being organised by Tash from The7SeriesRegister:

http://the7seriesregister.co.u…index.php?showtopic=18773

We generally meet up at MacDonalds which is just East of Duxford on the A505, and then head for Duxford around 9:00 or so (depending on how quickly we manage to digest the food). We enter by the car show gate which is around 500 yards past the main entrance. The entrance fee is around a tenner per person, which is a lot cheaper than the standard entrance fee - sometimes the gate asks which car club we are affiliated to - just for statistics as far as I know.

For the last four years we have always parked in the same place as shown on the map below:

The gates stay open all day, you can also get out if you need to, although trying to get out while everyone is trying to get in is probably not a good plan.

This is not a formal meeting, our cars are not 'show cars' and everyone is friendly. We have only been beaten by the weather once, and we still had good fun, we normally get sunburnt. There is no need to register with me or The7SeriesRegister, you can just turn up on the day.

Not to be missed!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!