Small meeting i Norway yesterday

• Yes we had a small meeting yesterday :top:

8 Cars / 10 persons

Egil has as ususal to many projects ongoing on his car so he came without his car :harhar:

All nice cars in many colours

850CSi - SCHWARZ 2 (668)
    Alpina B12 5.0 - SONDERLACKIERUNG (490) Lackierung in blau-metallic, FE 86-5489 BASF, gem. B 9103.C
    850i - LAGUNENGRÜN METALLIC (266)
    850i - LAGUNENGRÜN METALLIC (266)
    850CSi - SONDERLACKIERUNG (490) Paintwork "avusblue-metallic" (code 276)
    850i kompressor - Mauritiusblau Metallic (287)
    850Ci - Calypsorot Metallic (252)
    850i - Brilliat Rot (308) or HELLROT (314) unsure

• Yes I hate it when shops don't hold what the promise.

I handed my 8 in for a gearbox rebuild on May 21st, and specified that I needed it back on June 1st.
    The appointment was made late April.

On may 25th I visit the shop to see how things are going, they haven't started yet, and I doubt they will be able to finish by June 1st, as the next week is only 4 days due to a holiday.
    I go back on June 1st, hoping the car is close to finished.
    Well the gearbox is almost done, waiting for a bearing for the torque converter.
    I went back on Monday June 4th and no progress.
    I was there yesterday, still no progress "we are very busy, we will start on your car on Monday, when were you leaving?" (for the Swedish meeting)
    I said I had planned to go Tuesday, but I now saw that that would not happen, the others are leaving Thursday morning I said.
    "Ok, so we need to finish it by Wednesday then, I think we can do that"

At the moment, IF anything breaks on the car on Monday I will not be able to get parts in time, and will not make it to Sweden.
    I am not very pleased at the moment.

I called them in April, said the car had to be done by June 1st because I was going to a meeting, was told to bring it in 3 weeks later.
    When they get it the car sits for a week outside untouched, the delivery date comes and passes, and even then the car is not touched for the following week.
    They intend to start the assembly the day before I plan to leave for Sweden, and 4 days before the meeting starts.
    If everything goes well I will get the car 13 days overdue, if something goes wrong...... No Swedish meeting for me.

If they weren't the best transmission shop in the country I would never have used them.

All I can do now is hope for the best.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• The worst is that I had other things I wanted to do before going to Sweden.
    muffle the dump valve by having the air recirculated in behind the air filter.
    Install Wokkes 50kph lock-up unit.
    I was thinking about the crank case ventilation and how to get a vacuum in the catch tank.

I also have bad experiences in the past with my car breaking down after shop visits, being belts cutting through cooling hoses, pulleys cutting through intake hoses.
    improperly installed bushings to name a few.
    This is also a reason why I wanted to drive the car for at least a week before driving all the way to Sweden.

This also leaves me no time to prepare the car for the meeting, and IF the car is ready so that I can make it, I still won't be able to arrive early as planned to install the CSi kit before the meeting.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Zitat von Pelle;100266

No problem we screw CSI packages after the meeting:top: so you have to live with the shame:sad: during the meeting:aetsch:

Hehe.. I can live with that.

I'm more concerned about the car breaking down half way to Sweden..... or not being finished at all.

I had planned to do some things the last two weeks before the meeting, but now I'm not even sure I will be able to wash the car before we have to drive.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

• Zitat von Noggie;100267

Hehe.. I can live with that.

I'm more concerned about the car breaking down half way to Sweden..... or not being finished at all.

I had planned to do some things the last two weeks before the meeting, but now I'm not even sure I will be able to wash the car before we have to drive.

That's why winters are for fixing / modifying while summers are to enjoy driving :harhar:

:driver:

• Zitat von huldra66;100271

that's why winters are for fixing / modifying while summers are to enjoy driving :harhar:

:driver:

you know i started this process before easter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!