850 CSI 1993 RHD UK For Sale on Ebay

• [INDENT] Well 1500 views nearly and 83 watchers but maybe everyone was sunning themselves or down the pub I certainly wish I was. So here is what I have learnt and 850 CSI seems to be something that people want to see in its stock condition, comments such as prefer throwing stars to having the Alpinas came up as did sure would have been nice with the old clunky steering wheel and not that new fangled 3 spoke ok, ok so I paraphrase a bit you know who you are

Well having taken all the feedback on board the 3 spoke wheel is out , going to change it with the one from my 840 as this will make the 850 CSI original again and the 840 as a cheap project I don't mind what in my mind is a huge upgrade. Going to remove the strong strut as again this is not original and hey look it fits the 840 quite nicely. I wont remove the upgraded ignition coils and leads but will offer them in future sale as stock as the ignition system and the engine just run so damm sweet.

Once I have done the above will list one more time at an 8.5 k start and if it does not sell then I will just continue to chip away at it as a long term project.

NB the guys who came to view where my kind of people petrol heads with nothing but love for our Ozone killing machines nice to see someone actually take the time to come view an bid and not just bid

without seeing.

Peace Chad [/INDENT]

• [FONT="Tahoma"]Well that certainly was not a good biddinground , you should expect to get a lot more for a CSi I believe and the end bid here is price for the car parted.
    For the back boxes I must say the miss they round tips that stands out as CSispecific , Alpina rims should be just as good as the old throwing stars.
    3 spoke steering wheel , was there people out there wanting the bus wheelinstead ?? , ha ha they probably would not buy it anyway.

Better pictures is for sure what you need [/FONT][FONT="Tahoma"] [/FONT][FONT="Tahoma"], and don’t give it away [/FONT][FONT="Tahoma"] [/FONT][FONT="Tahoma"]
    And a positive description of the car, don’t focus too much on the things to bedone.

Regards
    Terje[/FONT]

• Yes A friend said the same your being too honest and pointing out all the bad things and not enough of the good things, just the way I am I guess I would make a lousy salesman. Re the steering wheel I have put the original one back on today and actually I like it I know crazy but it fits the CSI for an originality point of view I have also taken the strong strut off as well in order to keep the original feel under the bonnet. Re the Alpina wheels I like them they look great if I sell it and someone wants to change them they would have no problem selling those wheels and get some throwing stars so I don't see that as much of an issue. Going to relist it one more time and if it does not go then will keep it. Money is not good at the moment so I don't want to let that influence me giving her away at a silly price.

Regards
    John

• That's a shame, but, those photographs did not do the car justice, in fact, the pictures seemed to show two cars of different colours! If you fancy a drive down I can do the pictures for you.

• Timm thanks , yes re the photos you are all quite correct, some where shots from when I 1st got the car and a couple of new ones, between my inept photography skills and my daughters sticky fingers does not make for a great sales pitch :/

Took her out today and as it was just me driving no family in tow so gave her some welly, dam what a fine motor she is.

I might just sell my E39 M5 and land rover and keep her, something quite special about an 850 CSI on the road.

Regards
    John

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!