Headlamp Washer Pump Leaking

• After replacing the rubber grommet in the washer bottle, where the headlamp washer pump fits, trying to stop leaking washer fluid, I discovered that the pump itself is leaking from a manufactured hole in the side. Inside the hole you can see the pump spindle and I presume there must be an internal seal between the pump impeller and the electric motor - a seal that has failed but cannot be replaced. I tried putting silicone sealant in but it would not bond to the hard plastic sufficient to provide a waterproof seal. Nothing available via Ebay so back to the stealers and £106 lighter - 10 days lead time from Germany! I am getting very frustrated from BMW's use of fiddly unreliable components that are non-serviceable!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/29333/

• Not the Headlamp Washer pump - this is a higher fluid rate output. The windscreen, intensive fluid and boot reservoir pumps are readily available on ebay

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!