need help with fuel and brake line sizes

• Hi Guys,

As the never ending list of things to get my car running good again continues next on my list is replacing the corroded metal brake and fuel lines.
    The fuel lines that run along the sill are rotten. The brake lines are pretty badly rusted at each of the retaining clips along the sill.

So from what I have read up the best material to replace them with is Kunifer or copper nickel...

Just before I order some I wanted to confirm whether I need 8mm for the fuel lines and 6mm for the brake lines?

Thanks in advance guys

• did this already and was quoted £77.00 plus vat for each fuel line and apparently there are 3.. also £45+vat for each for the brake pipes x2. With the other jobs on my list of things to do was looking at a more cost effective method.

• Then you should ask for a better price or some where else as i can get these 3 for approx 55£ here in Norway and the long one for ventilation at approx 35£ ( all including tax )
    for sure the long ventilation one is not wort the hassle trying to make yourself.

Brakepipes you have to bend yourself anyway so does not matter.

Regards
    Terje

• Thanks Terje. I will take that on board about the ventilation pipe but it will take 10 days to arrive according to bmw. The prices I quoted above are all from bmw dealers as I cant source the parts elsewhere.

Do you know what diameter pipe I need to order for brake lines is it 6mm?

thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!