Shematics or Diagrams for Radios

• Hi there :winkwink:, do anyone have diagrams for the radios in use in the 8series? :help:

Have a few not working one beeing the philips type , the other the Pioneer type KE-92
    also looking for decription on hove to build/connect AUX to these radios , thinking to use the AM button:hmmmm:

Regards
    Terje

[HR][/HR]
    Update 2018-04-05: Download links to service manuals:

• Hi Terje:winkwink:

I don't think the are any official diagrams for these old BMW radios. (At least, i have not seen any yet.)
    In one of my 840, I installed a little amp, which comes between the original radio and the original boxes. It has two Aux Inputs and it provides good sound.
    (I forgot it's name... :hmmmm:) The drawback is that you have to set the volume on your MP3 Player which is fiddly.

In my other 840 I modified the Business RDS Casette in a way that I removed the tape unit and used the pins for the tape Line-In.
    I documented it here.

Here is the Link for the original E30 page.

Here is a german Youtube Video for a Reverse RDS conversion.

The conversion still works.

Cheers
    Steve

• I've not seen the Pioneer KE-92 schematics or service manual for download for free, but you can purchase it for a reasonable fee from manualscenter.com. Personally I firmly believe this kind of information should be public domain and free but I guess someone has to pay for hosting... I've purchased a few service manuals from manualscenter.com before, so I can confirm they are legit.

If you would rather like the real paper version, there's one on eBay at the moment.

• huldra66: It's not that straightforward on this forum (I usually host on my own website).

Click "Reply" or "Reply to Thread", then "Go Advanced". Now you can type your reply message and somewhat below the reply text box you'll find the "Manage Attachments" button. Click it and a new browser window or tab will open where you can see your previously uploaded files. Since you want to attach a new file, click "Add Files" in the top right corner, then "Browse" and select the desired PDF file and finally click "Upload". The new file will automatically be added to your list of uploaded files and to the "Attachments" of the new reply (the bottom most area). Repeat if you want to add more than one attachment. Finally click "Done" in the lower right corner to return to your message and post it by clicking "Submit Reply".

• That's what I tried but seems only pix can be uploaded not PDF's
    You have more rights than me here Revtor?

Now I got the KE-92 as well :)

Regards
    Terje

Zitat von revtor;138764

huldra66: It's not that straightforward on this forum (I usually host on my own website).

Click "Reply" or "Reply to Thread", then "Go Advanced". Now you can type your reply message and somewhat below the reply text box you'll find the "Manage Attachments" button. Click it and a new browser window or tab will open where you can see your previously uploaded files. Since you want to attach a new file, click "Add Files" in the top right corner, then "Browse" and select the desired PDF file and finally click "Upload". The new file will automatically be added to your list of uploaded files and to the "Attachments" of the new reply (the bottom most area). Repeat if you want to add more than one attachment. Finally click "Done" in the lower right corner to return to your message and post it by clicking "Submit Reply".

• Thanks Steve :top:

will see if I can make this work for the KE-92 as well

Regards
    Terje

• In the link in my 2nd post the BMW Bavaria C Business RDS (aka Pioneer Ke-92zbm) is also pictured. It's in the middle of post #4.
    Tape drive needs to be removed and the board on the back of the drive needs to be separated. (Image 6, remove the two flex-cable carefully and unscrew the board).
    The 7th image in the post shows where the connection needs to be. (On both sides the 6th pin on the IC from the bottom + the Ground on the top)
    Image #8 shows the Line-Out pins on the main radio board.

It would be great if someone could replicate these E30 archived pages on our server, before it disappears completely.

Cheers
    Steve

• It seems the service manuals are just too big to attach to the forum. I've put them on my website instead and added the download links to the first post of this topic. Enjoy!

Special thanks to Terje for purchasing the service manual and donating it to us! :top:

Update: Added the service manual of the Becker BE4720 Traffic Pro.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!