3.91 LSD Coming Up For Sale

• 8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/45743/

I am going to swap out the 3.91 Limited Slip Differential to take my 840 CiSport back to stock 2.64 before I put it up for sale. I am now retired and hardly use my car, just a couple of hundred miles in the last two years and can no longer afford to keep it.

I bought the diff from DickB (member of this site) of Holland and have had great fun with it in. It was originally from an E34 M5 3.6. Part No: 33102226601

My car was transformed with it fitted, really hot off the line for acceleration and with the LSD, no tyre slip. It corners as if it is on "rails". Mid-range acceleration is instantaneous, without need for kickdown.

However, I know that the best price I will achieve for my car is in standard specification so hence the swap over.

If anyone is interested, please let me know - I am looking for £900 for this rare differential.

There are a few threads on here about the 3.91 diff. You will need to swap over the rear cover, as I will put it on my 2.64 diff. The bolt holes are identical so this is no issue.

• The best buy to improve your car!
    Sad that you must sell the car

E31, the road to go!:winkwink:
    Dick
    President BMW Club E31 Nederland
    President BMW 8er Clubs International(B8CI)
    President Federatie Nederlandse BMW Clubs(FNBC)
    President BMW Auto Clubs Nederland(BACN)

• As soon as the 3.91 is out I'll let you know! Have you bought another "8"?

Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales[INDENT]E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997[/INDENT]

• Hi Angus, hope you're well. ...sorry that message was badly worded.
    I meant that I'd be interested in the car *with* the 3:91 still in situ!

In case Direct Messaging is possible and you are sure you're selling soon, I'd politely ask you to maybe drop me a message before removing the Diff ? Genuine enquiry. We are about to buy a car anyway. I just found out I can run an 8 within London ULEZ zone. Many thanks if you'd consider keeping me in the loop. best wishes. b

• How can you avoid the ULEZ? I entered my 1999 840 reg on the Transport for London website and it said the car is liable.

Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002

• The 3.91 LSD has now been removed from my car, drained of oil and cleaned externally ready to ship. PM if interested.

Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!