Nice 850Ci for sale - 82k miles - Burgundy/AC Schnitzer interior - pricey

• Perhaps the wrong strategy of the seller. A sportscar dealer friend of mine sometime does it the other way around. A car initially offered at a moderate and very competitive price is raised significantly in price, if it does not sell fast. Interestingly, as he says, the interest is often higher if a car is then priced above average. And actually also sold at nearly the higher price, in any case above the original price. :laugh:

Cheers, Bernhard

• Did all of you just see the one that sold on BAT yesterday? USD $75,000. The car had 9,000 miles, but needed a few things underneath. WOW!

BMW 850 CSi
    BMW 8er.org Clubs International (B8CI) Board Representative, USA and North America
    Editor, E31 NEWS International E31 Newsletter

• I'm in minor shock at all the replies here. Activity like this not seen since the headbanging days of the early 10's.
    When people come here in 600 years time, several among us now will still be here, ossified & slightly crumbling at the edges like that Knight guarding the inner temple in the 2nd Indiana Jones film.
    I used Google Translate on Hobie's reply, ... computer said "no".
    Timm, cheers. I was wondering if I had noticed it before. Too expensive to merit a thread probably. I thought what the heck & wanted to test everyone's alertness etc
    Rog, was it 'just' an 850?
    Andre, good to hear from you. The search is tilting at windmills to some extent ...while I'm waiting for my own car to resurface at which point I will spring into action.
    We're still one Sandwich short of a picnic, however. Hoping he's in fine fettle.

• Zitat von Bernhard J;151924

the interest is often higher if a car is then priced above average.

My wife is a retailer & has said often: it is easier to sell a £300 dress than one which costs 30. Not quite the same thing.. but thanks for your replies Bernhard.

• Zitat von BBMatic;151932

I used Google Translate on Hobie's reply, ... computer said "no".

Oh, don't worry about it... I think he just had one Bavarian Beer more than usual :mrgreen: :mrgreen-angel:
    As far as I can translate, he said: nice car!
    :top:

Das was du heute denkst, wirst du morgen sein.
    Buddha

• Zitat von Danilo;151947

As far as I can translate, he said: nice car!

I failed as well, in the attempt to have it translated to German :laugh:.

So many words in an unknown language, translating to the two words "nice car" only? Seems to be a quite ineffective language .... :laugh:

P.S.: Most Bavarian beers are not strong enough to create strange languages, similar to most British beers, the latter additionally missing a significant head on the beer .... :ahhhhh:

• I just wonder about the repairs done, among others the brake rotors were replaced. This would seem strange to me with a 9k miles car, except if the car had been standing in water. At least this would be something I would inquire about.

Aside this, how well established is an alleged sale at BAT? Might it be that some guys had "bidding fun", but will for sure not pay anything?

Cheers, Bernhard

• Hello Bernard,

BAT is set up so that the winner is automatically billed 5% for the winning bid, up to a maximum amount of $5000 if I remember correctly. When you register to bid at BAT, you provide bank and credit card information. Believe me, they do get their money, no matter if you follow through on your purchase or not!

BMW 850 CSi
    BMW 8er.org Clubs International (B8CI) Board Representative, USA and North America
    Editor, E31 NEWS International E31 Newsletter

• Good grief BB.....We're all breathing by the sound of it.
    All chipper with me. Now retired and moved to the Scottish Borders last week so at the moment fighting the recent Arctic deluge.
    Still dream of returning to the E31 fray but to be honest I haven't seen anything that really inspires any confidence sub £20k. Currently the proud owner of a Volvo V90 which ticks a lot of old fart boxes but is as dull as dishwater.
    Hope everyone is OK and enjoying the delights of the 8 series.
    Will endeavour to try and revisit more often!

In the interests of continuity have popped a pic of the old girl back up!

• Zitat von sandwich;152060

Now retired and moved to the Scottish Borders last week

Good idea, depends which side though. I prefer Scotland right now. England has gone stark, raving mad.
    Good to hear you're chipper.
    Don't know what else to add... life without an 8 Series is hell?
    People who hang around on car websites after they sold the car are usually a bit sad, I always thought previously, but what the hell.
    'There's only one,
    E31'

• This website adds two hours onto my posting times. For example it is presently 00:44, not 02:44 am.
    So when you see any posts from me that are posted at crazy-ass times, like 6am, please be aware it was actually only 4 am, so still perfectly respectable.
    Thanks.

• Zitat von sandwich;152060

Good grief BB.....Currently the proud owner of a Volvo V90

We must both be stupid.
    I have one too, had it a few years now and not overly fond of, terrible in town, soot filter needs a blast too often. Plus, its ULEZ-bad. So I'm forced to be shortly swapping it out for..I don't know.
    Quick question: have you got the Dynamic Audio system or Dynaudio i think it is named?
    Outstanding audio, I will miss that.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!