• On the 7th April the BMWCC of GB hosted an evening to celebrate BMW's association with Art and mention was made of their Art cars. The four Artists are allegedly the four top car artists in the world and they are Tim Layzell; Benedict Radcliffe; Jason Fong and Ian Cook.

Prior to the event they asked members to submit photographs of their cars so the Artists could select one or two for the demonstration. I missed the original event but the CC office contacted me to say that my car had been chosen and I have since received a link to a recording of the event. The link I currently have requires members login but if I get another I shall post it.

With regard to the painting I had no prior expectations but presumed that whatever was produced would be pleasing! The Artist Ian Cook https://www.popbangcolour.com chose my car. I hadn't appreciated that his work was more akin to Caricature so when I first saw the completed job I was a bit horrified but am now warming to it as different views are being expressed. I haven't received the original artwork yet but attached is a screen shot from the video.

Please let me know what you think whether good, bad or ugly:hmmmm:

Cheers
    Graham

• Zitat von Johannes;152828

Different than one would have expected but somehow also special :)

Yup, that's kind of how I felt:laugh:

Come on guys, 70 views and only 2 opinions, why is everyone so silent (Reinhard excluded:harhar:)

• I am surprised that you were only "a bit" horrified...but this is probably the british way of expressing it ;-).
    It is definitely not to my taste, but in line with the other paintings we can see on the artist's website. My impression is that he is not really a car enthusiast

• Zitat von Omega;152833

I am surprised that you were only "a bit" horrified...but this is probably the british way of expressing it ;-).
    It is definitely not to my taste, but in line with the other paintings we can see on the artist's website. My impression is that he is not really a car enthusiast

Excellent! I am loving this kind of response particularly from someone with the same '91 Brilliantrot 850i:top:

• Zitat von Omega;152833

My impression is that he is not really a car enthusiast

My impression is that he is robbing a living.
    We could accept this is a 'jolly' image of sorts - but even as a slightly weird kind of cartoon, and even as an E31 lover, for me this fails on every level. An undignified mess. He seems to have mixed it up with a 1 Series in his head.

Graham, it is no reflection on your wonderful 8 obviously -- but you specifically said 'opinions wanted'!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!