(E) Art Car : David Hockney 850CSi

• "BMW gave me the model of the car and I kept looking at it and looking at it", says David Hockney on the creation process of his BMW Art Car. "
    And then, I must admit, I also looked at the other Art Cars. In the end I thought, probably it would be good to perhaps show the car so you could be looking inside it.
    "To turn his idea into reality, Hockney took several months and allowed the inside of the BMW 850 CSi to be outwardly visible.

Stylized intake manifolds of the engine appear on the hood, and the silhouette of the driver can be seen on the door.
    And you don't just see the inside of the car, but also excerpts of an abstract landscape.
    Because "traveling around in a car means experiencing landscapes", says Hockney, "which is one of the reasons why I chose green as a color."

David Hockney, born in England in 1937, created a unique form of international Pop Art with his work.
    His works, created in California, London and repeatedly on extended journeys, deal with man and his environment.
    His pictures of swimming pools, palms and blue skies are famous all over the world.

David Hockney is recognized as one of the most successful pop artists of our time.
    He is an Englishman that has lived in Los Angeles since 1964. On the hood are stylized manifolds.
    From the side, one can see the driver of the 850 CSi.
    And in the rear seat, the artist's beloved dachshunds.

Hockney's Art Car looks outward as well as inward.
    The green on the car represents the landscape that the car passes through.
    Hockney is an automobile enthusiast and says of his Art Car, "It was lots of fun. The car has wonderful contours and I followed them."

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!