Replacing Alternator Belt

• Just release tension from the belt tensioner, like so:

(no picture)

Once the tensioner relaxes, you should be able to snake the belt off and replace it. Manual indicates you'll need to remove the fan and clutch, but I've been able to do it without this step. Once you've replaced the belt, simply retension by turning the backet against the stop using an open-ended wrench on the top nut and simultaneously retorquing retaining nut with a socket.

One of the easier DIY jobs.

Mark

• Now that picture missing there, I sure would like to see now :laugh:
    My belt snapped last night. Knew that it was on overtime and luckily I ordered both this and fanbelt almost 2 weeks ago..
    Any tips on the replacement?
    Pictures would sure be great and highly appreciated :)
    Both for alternator- and fanbelt..
    Tried looking through the stuff I've downloaded from "wuffer", but can't find any specific instructions for this job :roll: Just me overlooking something :questionmark:
    Any help would be appreciated :)

• Thanks alot for that setup, helped alot and the fanbelt was no biggie getting replaced :(
    The alternatorbelt on the other hand, is still causing me problems Im simply not able to access the bolts to release the tension on the cylinder :roll: The movement Im able to make on the tension-wheel from below, just isn't enough to make the belt slip over it.. Sems to me I have to remove the distributor cap on the left side of the engine to gain access :-? Is this so? I am at least not able to release the tension in any other way, but then again, Im not a mechanic either :oops:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!