Wheel Alignment

• These pictures show my 1992 850 having it's camber, caster, toe-in and all the other things adjusted. The reason was that when I bought it the steering wheel was a bit off. When I put the wheel at "0 degrees" pointing up the car steered a bit to the left slightly which was very irritating. I didn't notice the problem in the beginning but once I did I just had to fix it. Afterwards I got a paper indicating before, after and difference of the settings. After it was finished I tested the car and now I had to turn the other way to make the car go straight. In to the workshop again. The guy that did the work said it is extremely hard to get the steering wheel straight. He did a good job (?) because after the second time everything worked perfect.

Later on I changed the springs to a lower and harder set from Eibach. When leaving the car at another workshop for Inspection II service I told them to check if the angles on the wheels still was correct after the lowering. They where! Interesting.
    The guy at the workshop also said that the steering system used in the 850 and it's brothers and sisters isn't good. The newer one is much more stable.

I use my 850 in winter time also. And there was no problem when using the 16" winter tires/rims.

Erik W.

The car is raised on the elevator.
    You can see the red laser left in the picture.
    I think it's pointed to the "reflection plates".

Here you can clearly see some kind of reflection-plates attached to the rims.
    I think the precision would be better if you attached the plates on the "wheel axles" instead of the rims but then of course you would have to remove the wheels.

This screen shows the current values.
    When finished I got a paper that showed the before, after, and difference of the settings.
    The brand of the machine is Balco.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!