Headlight adjuster pics

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry to beat a dead horse but I had promised several of you a couple shots of the headlight adjuster retaining collars. Here are five pictures of the ones I have made up. As I have noted before, there are two weaknesses to the adjuster assembly. The most common problem historically has been the toothed gear that is turned to move the lens assembly (one moves it vertically and the other horizontally). This pot metal gear is simply pressed on to the splined screw and often comes off after repeated road time. This is the part that BMW replaces with a similar gear that has a small setscrew to hold it onto the shaft (for $25 each). At the other end of the adjuster assembly is a hard black plastic collar that holds the white nylon socket to the lens assembly. This collar is held in place with a T20 screw and breaks pretty easily. It is also not available separate from the lens assembly, which runs upward of $300+.

The first shot is an exploded view of these small parts, from the retaining screw on the left to the wheel on the right:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

The second shot shows the pieces together along with a broken plastic collar.

This third shot is of the assembly with the new copper collar in place.

This fourth shot shows installation of the collar to the lens assembly.

And this final picture shows me tightening the four small screws onto the ball pivot.

If you have wobbly headlights my suggestion is that you remove the bucket and assess the damage. You will have to do this anyway in order to do the fix, whichever is the source of your problem. Have fun

Jon '92 850i, 6-speed

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!