OBC Security Code Oops, and Fix

• Offizieller Beitrag

GaiJin on 2005-12-06 at 11:54:23

I was able to resurrect my car after my wife mistyped the security code into the OBC, and we had no idea what it was. Three strikes and you're out! Here's how I resurrected it.

1. Unlocked the doors and trunk with the key.

2. Removed left access panel in the trunk and disconnected battery negative cables from the body mount (13mm nut) and made sure both wires were away from the body so as not to ground unintentionally.

3. Closed trunk and waited for 1 hour.

4. Opened trunk manually with key, and reconnected battery grounds. Alarm will sound.

5. Entered cockpit and inserted key into ignition. Turned key to position number 1. OBC displays "CODE 15:00" and starts counting down towards 00:00. During this waiting period, I set the radio code. Do not exit the vehicle. I understand that the countdown will stop, but I didn't want to take the chance.

6. When the countdown got to 00:00, the OBC asked for me to input the time, date, and year.

7. Without turning the key off, I was able to start the car. Yee Haa!

8. I then reset the windows, sunroof, and then the DK's (coast down procedure)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!