1995 840Ci For Sale

• Guys

Thinking of selling my car. Not advertised it anywhere else yet. Thought I'd offer it here first. There's nothing wrong with it but after about 2 years of ownership I just fancy a change and I can afford something newer now.

I'm the third owner; the first owned it for 3 years then sold it to my brother in 1998; He spent alot of money on an Alpine Sound System (Sub-woofer professionally fitted in the boot behind the bucket seats). My brother did mainly motorway miles with it. I bought it from him in 2003 with 106K on the clock. When I'm home its a daily driver. Bodywork is not perfect but it scrubs up well. The drive is superb. I've had it fastidiously maintained by Autotechnik (BMW) in Old Trafford, Manchester.

1995 M 840Ci 126,000 miles
    Oxford Green / Light Grey Interior
    FBMWSH + BMW Used Car Warranty (which is transferrable) till Oct '05
    4 Litre Engine - I checked with BMW and it had the Engine blocks changed at 26K miles under warranty (due to the Nikasil problem)

Additional Features over the normal spec
    - TRACKER system fitted
    - Cat 1 Alarm (Clifford)
    - Alpine Hi-Fi 6DC changer c/w Sub-Woofer (has a remote control as well)
    - Colour coded car mats (I had these made by Autostyle) Look better IMHO.
    - Selling Dealer fitted a centre Arm Rest (See UK Section - Main Discussion, Page 2 "Centre Arm Rest" for pics)
    - Just had Inspection 1

I'm in no hurry to sell and would be just as happy to hold onto it and continue to run it as I still love driving it. Turns heads wherever I go. The BMW Used Car Warranty is extendable (and transferrable) and IMHO you can't get a better guarantee of proper servicing and maintenance.

Some pics

• Hi Phil,
    sorry to hear your selling your 8, what you going for next ?

Armrests in an 8 series have never really interested me but that's the best one I have seen in an 8 and would have one of those in a shot. Pity they don't make them anymore. I couldn't see the link on the Main discussion forum but I found it here ;

ClubE31.net Forum Index -> In Your Country -> United Kingdom -> Main Discussion -> Centre Arm Rest

Good luck with the sale.

93 850 CSI
    hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

• Shiggsy

Thanks for the link. Not sure what next. Faster, newer with as good a ride as the 8 (may be difficult to find). May change my mind when I get back in the cockpit again :oops:

The armrest makes a real difference on long drives. The original Dealer was Stephen James in Stevenage. They fitted the armrests. Unfortunately they don't have a BMW dealer franchise anymore.

As for the remote, my daughter finds it very useful to control our music selection from the back seat!!!

Phil

• SOLD

Advertising here attracted no interest and is a complete waste of time.

Whilst I loved owning and driving the car thery are worth nothing and will never be classics because they are too complicated and expensive to maintain. My car was perfect with everything working. Had it one thing electrical wrong with it no trader was going to touch it.

Life goes on.... I have a Cessna 172 now. Lower top speed but alot more thrilling than watching the bumper in front sat in a 286BHP car!!!

Enjoy your 8s and if you are thinking of buying one accept that your resale value will be peanuts then you won't be disappointed

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!