PASSENGER SIDE BACK WINDOW PROBLEM HELP!

• hi all
    my left rear windows doesnt go to full close.
    its not lifting all the way to the top, only slightly out.
    is there an adjustment!
    any help would be good as its pis*ing down here.
    thanks

E31-840CI 1995 (AUTO) AND IM STILL A MEMBER!

• You need to get the trim panel off the inside first then if the glass was going all the way up previously I'm guessing you're looking for a loose screw as this may have allowed the window to slip.
    Try and spot where one of the 10mm head screws looks as though it's moved and left a tell tale sign of where it should be and adjust it back into position.
    Ideally you'll need to take some time and read the manual (there's three million adjustment screws) but under the circumstance a roll of gaffer tape wouldn't go amiss!

• I've just taken a look at the manual and you're not going to like this, it appears you'll need to remove the rear seat before you can get the trim panel off :shock:
    Time to dig out the tape, I recon' that'll be a job for tomorrow mate.

• hi
    already got the trim panel off.
    didnt need to remove seat just give it a good tug.
    cant see any screws that have moved.

E31-840CI 1995 (AUTO) AND IM STILL A MEMBER!

• My rear passenger window has locked up twice in three years and all it took was to hold the lower button down for an extended period of time then press the raise button. My suggestion would be to try holding the control button down in both directions for a while. I have heard of others with similar problems that this method fixed. Something to do with 'teaching' the window the limits of up and down.

• If the holding trick with the buttons doesn't work (three seconds at the end of upward travel should recalibrate the windows but the manual only specifies the front windows and sun roof be done after disconection of batteries) you'll need to see if there's something physical causing it to stick, get your head in there and have a good look.
    There are two possible causes, a physical problem or an electrical one (obstruction vs conection), if you can work this bit out you're half way to fixing it.
    To rule out obstruction (and without enough pressure to damage anything) try to `help` the window past the point where it's sticking.
    If that gets you nowhere can anyone advise if there's a way of `tapping` into the electrickery to see if the stop sensor thinks the window is has reached the end of it's travel and is activating too early?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!