Statistics, statistics, statistics!

• Yeap, it had to happen, I'm at work today and the man on the radio says that the UK insurance industry think that 18/01/08 is the date you're statisticaly most likely to have a motoring accident in the UK.
    Ha ha ha, statistics, statistics, statistics, thought I...... and then the phone rang, it was my wife, "er, Stuart.... er..... the car's just been hit....."........... :roll::roll::roll:
    On the the plus side I could actually look out the window and see the 850 sat there while we were talking on the phone, because it was sat outside work it survived the day just fine (so far).
    On the downside some old guy had passed out while driving down my street and after bouncing off one car (it just had to be the hairdresser visiting my wife!) then plowed through the wall next to my drive and straight into my other BMW (that was sat on the drive) :shock::?:shock:
    It's bye bye old car (the whole side's wiped out), it's a write off :cry:
    I'll be sad to see it go as I've had it over seven years and it's never let me down, it's sailed through every MOT and cost me nothing to run other than tyres, a rear silencer and brake pads :lol:
    After three years of ownership I'd already figured it owed me nothing so I stopped servicing it and waited for something to go wrong to give me a reason to get rid of it.
    So even though I'd not serviced it for the last FOUR years, (not even changed the oil, just topped it up when the top end started rattling :oops: ) it just refused to die, it's been absolutely bullet proof.
    On the back of my owning this particular car four of my mates now own BMWs, mates that had never considered one before, simply because they were so amazed that mine still drove like a new car, (despite the abuse I'd given it) and this is with 225,000 miles on the clock :shock:
    A truly remarkable little car, if any other car I ever own can manage half of the abuse that car was given and still start first time every time I'd be delighted.
    So what's my now dead BMW? just an E36 318i, would I recomend one to a freind, yep, I did, and four of them are now BMW owners :D

• So sorry to hear of the accident!! My first car was an e30 325 and it also drove faithfully past the 200,000 mile mark. The e36 design is beautiful and I have always loved the M3, a near perfect design IMHO.

Accidents are a funny thing. I drove an Audi A4 until two months ago Coming home from work I was rearended beyond repair. Now I drive an 8 series!! Everytime i start the engine...... I feel as though we were meant to be together................. Sorry, had to go get a tissue...... haha

I am looking at the e36 to add as a daily driver, as currently the 8 serves in this capacity. The idea being that I could leave the 8 parked asafely in the garage at home. Your story has given new meaning to "parked safely in the garage"!!!!! Maybe I should reconsider...... the 8 will never leave my side!! haha.

A sad story indeed :-(, but you might have bigger problems with the "hairdresser" visiting your wife. :wink: Only kidding :D I hope things are looking up soon!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!