A scandinavian E31 meeting 2009?

• I'm writing this in English since there might be some members from other countries that may want to join in.

Since I missed the meeting last summer in Sweeden I thought it might be a good idea to start planning a new one for next year.
    The big question is location.

I don't know where all of us live, but my initial thought was to avoid that some members have to drive for days to get there.
    I was thinking the eastern part of Norway, or the Sweedish west coast, maybe the Malmö area, or perhaps in Denmark, though I cant think of any of the members in here that actually live in Denmark.

For me living on the west coast of Norway driving to east Norway or the Sweedish west coast takes me about a full day. (8-9 hours to Oslo)

Since there was some Dutch members at the last one, maybe they will show up again.

Making this an event over several days like the last time sounds like a good idea, so please feel free to make sugestions.

For all I know we could start in Oslo, drive down the Sweedish coast, cross the bridge to Denmark and maybe head for Germany or Holland?
    Why not have dozens of e31's pull up at BMW Welt in Münic and go watch the displays.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

• Yes Noggie, make it Malmö! I used to live there (well Limhamm) and love the place :)
    I'd be happy to drive up from Zürich :winkwink:

• Hello Egil,

What you want is very nice, but please, when you planned it and expect that a lot would come, see the dates what is already planned, ok?:hmmmm:
    (What we already know you can see on: http://www.clube31.nl/index.php?id=4 )

Hope to see you again next year!

E31, the road to go!:winkwink:
    Dick
    President BMW Club E31 Nederland
    President BMW 8er Clubs International(B8CI)
    President Federatie Nederlandse BMW Clubs(FNBC)
    President BMW Auto Clubs Nederland(BACN)

• I had written a long reply and then hit the wrong button on my keyboard and it was all gone.....:banghead:

Here we go again.

My thoughts changed from a smaller local meetng to a larger international one during my first post.

The local one needs tobe held in a central region, I live in the outskirts so for a person living in western Sweeden it would take two days just to get here.
    I therefore need help in planning a location and a date for such a meeting by people who live in a good area.

Iternational one.
    This year it is 20 years since the e31 was launced.
    This happened in September 1989.
    I think it would have been great if we could gather as many e31's as we could an go to BMW welt on the very date of its release.
    And on the way there we could have meeting points along the way where we could be joined by more and more owners and get a bigger and bigger convoi towards the goal.

-Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
    2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!