Considering to sell my 1996 850CSi Individual

• Hello everyone and happy new year!

I was not really looking for it, but I am becoming obsessed by the E46 M3 (in Cabrio version).

I have found a very nice example and am now starting to consider selling my 850CSi.

This E31 is mine since December 2006.

It is TechnoViolett with an Individual matching interior and is apparently the only CSi in that colour. The car is in concours condition.

It has now 45'000 km.

How much do you think I can sell it for?

Thank you for your opinions and best regards,

Alex

(PM me if you're interested)

• Really lovely car Alx. While I do indeed like the M3 you're after (although cabrio with hardtop as opposed to soft top!), I don't think it would equate to an 8 series - never mind an 850csi!!

However, best of luck with the sale - someone will be getting a peach! All the best :top:

• Thank you for your replies.

If I sell it, it's gonna be hard to see it go, but I'm looking for something a little more practical.

I drive 90% of the time in an old Mini Cooper Sport and I just don't want to have 2 cars anymore.

I would prefer to be driving an M3 all of my time.

I was considering selling the CSi around CHF 50'000.- (or Euro 33'000).

Best Regards,

• Hello Alex,
    sorry to see that you plan to part with your beauty.
    33K EURO I´d consider a very fair price over here, leaning to the low end given the mileage and equipment. The problem is that there aren´t many takers with that amount of money in their hands AND looking for an E31. It will likely mean that the process of selling the car takes longer than anticipated.
    I hope you´re not in a hurry or even worse in need due to other commitments.
    I shall link your advert to the German part where most people from Switzerland are more frequent visitors.

Good luck!
    Reinhard

• Hello,

Well, I have just sold my Mini... I'm gonna miss it.

I must confess, that the more I think about it, the less I want to sell the CSi.

I think I'll just look for a replacement for the Mini.

...maybe a New Mini or an E46 BMW Compact.

Regards,

• Hello everyone,

I have finally decided not to sell my CSi. :)

I have bought a nice 316Ti as a daily driver to replace my classic Mini.

Thank you all for your precious advice.

Regards,

Alex

• Hi,
    why did you sell your Mini? I am thinking about buying one of the later Models (12" an disc brakes if I'm correct...)
    Did you have lot of problems?

• Hi, I sold it because I needed something a little more practical ...and I also wanted a "more secure" car (the doors of the Mini are so thin!).

My Mini was one of the last models (from 2000). It had the 13'' wheels, brake disks, driver's airbag...

I had some small problems with it, but nothing to serious: coolant leaking, break fluid leaking, silent blocs. Some body works too; they rust quite easily.

Good luck on finding yours :)

Regards,

Alex

• Thank you for your replies, guys!

I didn't know the article was already out.

I'll try to have a copy as I am unfortunately not a member of the UK BMW Car Club.

I have the original pictures, but I will ask the journalist if he doesn't mind before posting them here.

Regards,

Alex

• Hello,

I have just received the magazine.

It was nice to see pictures of my car published.

Some parts of the article were modified (I had not mentionned the Alpina B7) to make the article more up to date.

I do not have a scanner, but I will post some of the original pictures soon.

Cheers,

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!