Beiträge von MK

wiper problem

Thank you so much for your response.
    I was hoping that it wasn't the motor as I had a look at the location of the thing and yes it does appear to be a difficult task.
    What you have said about the motor rusting sounds a distinct possibility.
    If there was no other simpler explanation and I had to change the motor would you be able to help as in how to get to it etc? Is it from the inside the engine compartment or weirdly from inside the cabin?
    Would you say it is best to be done by BMW dealers (I can do a lot of difficult stuff myself)? I'm in the highlands of scotland and it can't get more unpredictable as far as rain is concerned so its a case of arranging to have the car transported or wait for the summer (if we get any!).
    Once again Thank you.
    Mat.

Hello everyone.
    I live in a remote area. Nearest BMW dealer is 2-3hrs drive (thats if they could ever be trusted) and no one near has a clue.
    I replaced a whole set of relays and half relays that operate the wash-wipe system. The wipers worked for half a dozen turns and packed up again.
    When the lever is pressed you can hear the relays clicking in the engine compartment, but the wipers have stuck an inch or two out of their parked position and just twitch a little.
    I'v spent hours calling different BMW dealers and they all appear to be purposfully useless. The last one I spoke to before I gave any details said it was the main computer system. They are all intrested in your booking the car in. I wouldn't mind so much if my car wouln't come back with a new problem every time it has gone into a BMW dealership.
    I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSES.