Beiträge von Deep

Dear all,
    Over the last few weeks my car (840 ci) has developed a whining noise coming from the front of the car. It is only noticeable on deceleration (not braking) and slow acceleration. It is noticeable when driving in straight lines.
    It is an automatic, gear changes are fine with no clunking or hesitation and no messages on the OBD.
    I had the transmission and differential oil changed about 20 months ago at Phoenix. Prior to that there was a small leak, I think it is still there, but not much more than previous. I had a new stereo fitted 10 months ago and the engine and check engine lights have not come on since when starting the car (I was told it was most likley the bulbs but have not had time to check).
    I would like to take it on a long journey but a bit reluctant to as I do not want to take any chances.
    Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Hi there,

Great car.
    I spend my weekend in Aylesbury (sometimes), so you may see me around (orient blue 8), although my car is usually kept in Middlesex.
    Welcome to the forum, best 8 resource on the web by miles.
    There is a Silver 840 usually at Stoke Mandeville Hospital and also an Estoril Blue in Aylesbury, PM me and we could perhaps meet up.

Thanks Lloyd, I look forward to reading what you find.

Sorry to hijack the thread but...

I would also be grateful on thoughts on what I should do with regards to re-spray or detailing?

At present my 8 requires the following external issues sorting out:

Nose cone repair.
    Alloy refurb.
    Rust bubbles by sunroof.
    Rear screen not demisting properly (may need a new screen!)
    Swirl marks.
    Scratch to the base on drivers side, a few cm.

What would be the best option in terms of either getting a re-spray or detailing? and what do members think is the most cost effective?

I would also like to get the interior leather sorted but that is another story.

Thanks Steve,

Perhaps it would be worthwhile going down this route rather than having a full respray?

Although I do have a small scratch that is fairly deep.

Nonetheless, the results look fantastic :top:

Hi all,

I would be interested in attending, any details i.e. location, how to register, timings etc.
    Looking forward to meeting some members and seeing some gorgeous cars.
    :top:

Thanks, I agree, but I wanted something that would be quick and easy and still look as 'original' as possible, besides I think changing the stereo will be enough of a challenge for me!

That looks very good Adrian, I looked at a few double din/motorised units but did not like the fact that the onboard computer display was covered when the screen came out, hence I chose single din units.
    Thanks for the feedback :top:
    I have decided to go with the Kenwood, although may not get time to install it for a few weeks.

After much deliberation, net searches, trips to Halfords etc, I have finally decided on the two headunits listed below.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-cde-9880r.html

http://www.clarionworld.co.uk/…io.aspx/cz501er-car-radio

Ideally I wanted something that would not stand out or be too bling bling, the Beckers/Nakamichis would be ideal in terms of appearance but did not have USB connectivity.

So I have narrowed it down to the above 2 units, not ideal but acceptable for the price I think.

They would also allow me to connect my HTC mobile and use it as a sat nav.

I also looked at the Beat 550 - DVD player with 3.5 in touch screen, but it has blue illumination which was the only drawback (damn!).

I am interested to hear what others think, good and bad points and possible alternatives, will there be any problems with installation?

Thanks.

Just found another:

http://www.kenwood-electronics…d_receivers/cd/KDC-BT61U/

The Kenwood allows various different colours so this may be an option?!