Beiträge von Deep

:laugh:

Glad I am not the only one.
    My wife did not believe me at first, so kept rewinding it until I had convinced her. In the end she just gave up and agreed.
    Bet no-one would have noticed it if it was a CL (I think members of a CL forum would be hard pushed too from that angle and limited time frame?!)Clarkson can put that in his pipe and smoke it as far as I am concerned!
    Will be glued to the screen tonight, now that is sad!

:top:

Did anyone spot the 8 series in the Apprentice last week?
    It was at the end of the show (during the preview for next weeks show) as the contestants were walking into the building, it was parked outside the building.
    I lept off my sofa to point it out to my wife.
    Also do we have a date for the Top Gear pro that may feature the 8?

I think it is always sad when someone leaves the club, I have mentioned selling mine half heartedly to my wife and get something more practical but she loves the car as much as I do and says I should keep it. This afternoon I spent half an hour trying to get a baby seat into the back so the 3 of us could go for a drive, in the end I ditched the seat and took it for a drive on my own, it has just come back from an insp 2 done by Gerry and was an absolute pleasure to drive, I fell in love with it again and am looking forward to driving it in the summer with a new stereo and some planned cosmetic improvements. For the price I cannot think of another car that can bring the same smile to my face. Good luck selling yours.

Northampton must be 8 central as I spotted another 8 at the Holid

HTML

ay Inn. Throwing star alloys without the stars, it has to be someone from here. Also pointed another 8 owner to this forum hopefully he will be able to join.

Thanks Revtor, I have had a look at quite a few units and still cannot decide. I looked at some Alpine's but just cannot stand the silver/metal finish. Some of the Blaupunkt units look acceptable but have a big blue button on the fascia. The Beckers seem to be the best, but I am finding it hard to justify spending in excess of £500 on a head unit in a car I use infrequently.

Hi Shiggsy,
    This has happened to me but on my 1995 5 series, after it had been parked for a long time.
    After the car had reached normal temp, I switched it off, when it restarted it was fine.
    Since then the car has had an oil service by 8tech and no issues picked up. So not sure if it is a BMW thing.

Thought I would drop in and wish every one Merry Xmas and best wishes for the new year, here's hoping for a trouble free year of 8 motoring and enjoyment.

Regards,

Deep