Beiträge von Deep

Hi Arnie,

I eagerly await to see what you come up with, I have the old tape deck with a malfunctioning CD changer in the boot. I have tried to find appropriate units but not found anything that looks orginal and has the functions I want (mainly sat nav, mp3 compatibility). Are the Becker units able to display maps when using the sat nav functions? If they can this may sway me to look at other models.

Hi Argonaut, I am not sure how many miles I am allowed to drive in Europe (to be honest I am not sure how they can tell whether the miles you have covered are in England or abroad), I keep my 8 for weekend drives or when visiting friends/family up north or when I feel I need to have a smile put back on my face, my daily driver is my wifes ex-car a 10 yr old 1.3l ford ka, with 132,000 on the clock! My 9 years NCD is used on this.

Hi Arnie, just paid £320 ish with Hagerty (2 days ago), garaged (£410 if on driveway), 3000 miles a year, euro breakdown cover, car valued at £8000 and no need for NCD (which stays on my main car). If you decide to go with them quote my name just in case I get a discount! :top:

I would agree with Rob's sentiments, however I do not think you can blame the individuals but more so the system.
    As a country we should encourage success, ambition and drive, however I think we tend to do the opposite and tend to put the boot into the wealthy (who in most cases have worked hard to get where they are).
    In other parts of the world it tends to be the opposite.
    With regards to the wealthy, as the original post states a lot of the money gets filtered down the food chain.
    Is this thread getting a bit too political?:help:

Hi Herminator,
    To be honest it did not take that long, although I did rush through a few bits, the clay bar process was fairly straight forward, it took 90 minutes. I used Meguiars clay bar kit from Halfords which contained 2 bars, detailer spray and wax.
    I also would like to get my car polished but I will need to sort out the nose cone and rust on the sunroof first.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I have thooroughly enjoyed looking at it parked up in th drive since the wash. Still lots of things to sort out. Also would like to add I used Rob at Excess Dents in Aylesbury, Bucks to remove a few dings in the front driver wing and he did a very good job, this was after being let down by my local Dent Devils guy.

Just thought I would post a pic of my failed attempt at trying to restore the interior leather. I used dynamix dyes, silver grey light, however after applying it to the side panel I noticed it was consideraly lighter in colour, so I had to remove the streaks with methylated spirit.
    The cracks in the leather took up the dye and I am now left with this marbelled appearance. I suspect I will have to take it to a pro.
    8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/12363/

Thats why I have stopped reading Yahoo!
    However MSN - features the 8 in the top 50 SUPER CARS of all time as well as the most affordable top 10 SUPER CARS.
    Not a Sports car but a Super car!
    Makes me very proud and I never hesitate to remind my wife, family and friends that I own a Super Car :top:

My sympathies,
    A similiar thing happened to be, but it was in my wifes compact, initially the third part admitted fault but now has refused liability and the whole case is ongoing.
    I hope everything works out :top:

Hi Jin,

I cleaned the seat prior to applying the dye with methylated spirit (as instructed), I suspect my seats are very old so the colour is a lot darker now than the original silver grey light, hence the awful results.

I suspect if you persevere you could do the whole seats in a new colour but that would be time consuming and also at £20 for 60mls of dye - very expensive.

Hi UKZero - those seats look amazing, and having seen the results other have obtained that is why I was hoping to restore mine, but I suspect it may have to be through a professional.

Just some feedback on Dynamix Dyes:
    I ordered the colour required and applied some to the side panel of the base on my drivers seat, unfortunately it was much lighter than the colour of my seats (perhaps they are darker due to the build up of dirt). Needless to say the results looked awful :banghead:, so in the end I had to remove the applied dye with methylated spirit.
    However the cracks and scuff marks have taken up the lighter dye and look lighter than the seats, it has given the panel a 'marble look', which does not look much worse than what the cracked leather looked like originally, but in the end it did not work for me.
    Perhaps the only solution is to have the seats re-upholstered? :hmmmm: