Beiträge von Deep

Hi there, I have the same problem, but mine came on when I dropped my sister off at Uni and soon after she got out of the back seat. I have a feeling she may have kicked the front passenger seat and done some damage. Added to my things to sort out, but as the weather has been fairly good, I have been too busy washing and enjoying the car to get it sorted.

Hi Daz 850, Newcastle under lyme (for business) and then Madeley in Cheshire visiting some friends. First time they saw the 8 and were very impressed (despite one of them having an X6 and having driven a vantage, X5, M5, 6 series and an M3).
    It was a superb drive and the weather was great. :driver:

Although I am not a prolific poster, I do drop in every day to have a read, seen a few 8ers around Uxbridge/Middlesex, and also enjoyed a 350 mile round trip to Staffordshire last weekend, and without any mechanical/electrical problems! :top:

Hi there,

Does anyone know where I can get some show plates made in and around Middlesex, West London or Luton and if the the maker would be willing or is able to bend the rules slightly i.e. placing/font. :top:

Thanks.

I would have to agree with what has been said, although I do think prices are going up for low mileage examples.
    In my humble opinion I do not think there is anything like it on the roads and for that price and for what it symbolises - one of the greatest car manufacturers of our time - BMW's intentions to manufacture the ultimate driving machine without compromise (something which no car maker would dream of today).
    Everytime something goes wrong with it I ask myself if I was to sell mine for book value, could I get something for the same price, same performance, the same drop dead gorgeous looks, something that could put the same sort of smile on my face, and the answer is no.
    So therefore the love affair (or insanity) continues. :top:

Looking to sell my cherished plate K5 OHO, or K 5OHO, or K SOHO.
    I also have the plastic plates as well, included in the price.
    Looking for £300.00, but open to offers. :top:

Fantastic stuff, looks amazing compared to the crash pics, keep it up, I am using this thread as inspiration everytime I think about selling my eight or contemplate a huge repair bill coming in, perhaps the 8 is more than just a car. :top:

Thanks Reinhard and Trono, can I reset the light by disconnecting the batteries?, and if so, if it was just a temporary fault then the airbag light should stay off, am I correct in thinking this?

Thanks Trono, I have a feeling it was when my wife moved the passenger seat forward, as about 2 minutes later whilst driving the light went on.

My airbag light has just come on as well, this happened whilst driving and for no apparent reason, is it a big problem if I continue to drive the car with the light on whilst I get time to have a look at it? I am not a mechanic/expert so any simple fixes I could try would be helpful.