Beiträge von Deep

I know that most of the members are aware of Phoenix Motorsport in Camberley, Surrey, but thought I would just add this thread.
    Gerry and Simon have taken care of my 8 for the last year I have had it, and I have found them to be outstanding both in the knowledge and quality of service provided, I have no hesitation in recommeding them.
    :top:

I would second Argonauts comments, been to Gerry a few times with my 8 and most recently last week, knowledge and expertise second to none.
    No hesitation in recommending them.
    A big thank you. :top:

Very very nice, :top: I also have the same colour so was very pleased to see the after effects of a full respray. You do not mind me asking how much it cost?

I don't know, I bought the car last year in November and not sure if they have been changed but will have a look once I get home, I do remember it was a bit more difficult to start last week. It is due an MOT soon so will get them changed if that is it. I hope it is not the alternator as I had that go on me in my 5 series last year on the M3 in pouring rain in December at 11 pm. Not a nice experience!

I was hoping someone could shed some light on something I have just noticed with my 8. When I switch on the headlights I notice that the dash, console lights and lights by the gearstick (K/S switch) dim ever so slightly, if I put my foot on the accelerator and rev the car then the headlights, the dash lights and the lights near the gearstick (K/S switch) become brighter and then dim when I take my foot off.
    Does this mean something is on the way out? Perhaps the alternator/batteries?
    All help much appreciated.

The pics of the damage look horrible, but I have nothing but admiration for your determination to get her back on the road, and I hope you do, good luck. :top:

Hi,

I am looking to sell my UK cherished plate K5 OHO (or K SOHO) as my wife has just bought me the plate I had been looking for for the last 5 years for my birthday and I want to put it on my 8.
    I am looking for £500.00 but am open to offers, the price includes the actual plates in both styles - back and front, and the transfer fee.
    It is also on ebay.

Thanks and regards.

Deep

Zitat

Now that's interesting.....for I've found the optimum speed for best consumption is 70-80mph (28mpg) but if I drop to below 60mph, the consumtion creeps up (25mpg). On a long long run...say 250 miles, cruising with speedo at High Noon (keeping a good lookout for feds)....I have got 24mpg.
    M62 4.4

Trouble is you soon lose it all having fun!

I would second that !!!
    Unfortunately I have my arm in a sling so itching to get back in the drving seat, until then being driven around by my wife.:roll:

For what its worth, I have hit 30mgp on the motorway in my 1997 4.4 (not sure what engine number). But I have to admit it was during a stretch of the M25 where the average speed limit was 50 mph, and my wife was driving.

Hi all, I have the a 1997 840 Ci with the grey interior (with piping) and orient blue exterior, but required a new drivers mat, anyone selling or can point me in the right direction?
    Thanks.

Hi Sparkles, yes my car has the same problem, (if it is a problem). I have a 1997 840 CiA, when sitting in the drivers seat and the car is idling, I can feel a small vibration, possibly a described as a judder, no change on the RPM. I thought it was a serious problem, but Gerry at PhoenixSports checked it out for me. It remained after changing the spark plugs and some leaking cam gaskets, and I suspect it is normal for the car. I am reassured that your car also has it, I suspect many more have it (atleast my dads Jag has a similiar vibration as well), Gerry has looked at it since and not seen anything to worry about, I hope that helps.

I also had the braided hoses fitted by Phoenix, and can say they make a huge difference to the brakes, before it was quite scary braking as it felt the car almost picked up speed, but now they are much more responsive and feel a lot firmer, glad I did this and would definitely recommend it.

I would agree with Arnie, but you have to keep it really clean and give it a good polish to get the deep blue out, out of interest do you think a slight black tint to the windows would make it stand out a bit more?

I really never liked the blue, but ended up buying an 840 orient blue, my wife liked the colour and the car 'seemed' to be in good condition. But I have to agree with the grey leather, it looks very dull, the two tone is not too bad though and I have thought about upgrading it like Wayne has done. However there is 1998 Black 840 on autotrader with a beautiful beige and black leather interior for almost the same price, and sometimes think if only I waited 6 months!