Beiträge von Deep

I too am looking at a possible upgrade, so please keep this thread updated with ideas. Hoping to pick up the car from Phoenix this weekend and will start looking at possible solutions.

I thought I would take this to the top as I had an experience this weekend whilst driving my 8. I was in Gerards Cross in Bucks, and there were the usual RR Sports, Ferarri's and Astons, however as I turned a street corner I saw two teenagers, one with a huge smile on his face and the other with his jaw on the ground both staring at the 8. Also the looks the car got from an XJ and an XK8 owner at the petrol pump were great. For the amount of money and the fact they are so rare and you get so much car (especially when it goes wrong) it is just priceless. Anyone who has an 8, has a piece of BMW and automotive history and I believe that for the same amount of money you cannot buy something that performs and looks so good. :driver:

It was very nice indeed and as usual all heads were turning, it looked so good I thought it must have been in storage, I was in my 5 and had to turn off.

Saw a very nice Estoril Blue 840ci on the A40 heading into West London this morning, looked to be a very good example, does it belong to a forum member?, the plate had the letters GLP (not sure if allowed to post the full plate) :top:

I would definitely be interested, however my 8 needs some work doing to it before, and would be embarrassed if it did not come up to scratch especially when compared to some of the examples here, plan to take it to Phoenix early summer but if dates/work permitting would love to go. :top:

I am looking at possible ICE solutions but not as sophisticated as yours but that looks very very nice and would love to have that in my 8, but with no electrical/technical ability I would never dream of attempting that.
    I know this may sound silly but where do you insert the DVD/CD's/USB etc.

Thanks guys, I have trailed some of the past threads and know that some of the members have managed to get a radiator from £129.00 inc with delivery. I am just worried that they do not bodge the job up, the mechanic told me the radiator hoses were all in good nick which is reassuring but I do plan to get them renewed, I just want the car back for now. Any thoughts on the bitumen/tar smell?

Today I took the car to a local mechanic and he pressure checked the cooling system and found that the radiator was cracked. There was a leak from the plastic moulding below the main crossover hose, I could see the water spurting out.
    Unfortunately I cannot drive the car as the leak has become worse and he has quoted me £300.00 to supply and fit the rad. He won't let me source one myself. I have trailed the threads already but would be grateful if anyone can offer any advice on anything I should look out for. I can't wait to get it back on the road, also I have noticed that sometimes within the cabin I get a smell of bitumen/tar burning, it is intermittent, I am sure it is not not the tyres as I cannot smell it outside the car. All help and advice greatly appreciated.

Hi diddy P, I am in Hillingdon, do you have a blue/violet 840? as I did see one in Harrow a few months back.

P.S. Sorry have just seen your post!!!

Thanks Guys, at present I need to sort out the rad hose as it is still parked up at work in Aylesbury but am absolutely petrified of leaving it in the hands of a mechanic there, especially overnight. Camberley is a 70 mile trip from where I live but would be happy to do it knowing someone is going to take care of my 8.

I would be grateful if anyone could recommend any BMW independants in the Middlesex area who I can trust with my 8, and preferably someone who has prior knowledge of the 8. I am willing to travel within a 30-40 mile radius. All help much appreciated.

Dear rcrad6653, I have just driven it to a local BMW independent during my lunch break, he tightened the screws but it is now worse. The coolant is leaking from where the big crossover pipe attaches onto the radiator, just below it, I can see coolant dripping down the radiator and when parked up a small amount of steam bellows, I can also hear it whining :banghead:.
    I am hoping to get it home tonight, approximately 30 miles and then will have a closer look at it and possibly take it to a garage near me.
    Mine has the metal clips that are tightened with a screw.
    I lost my E34 to a broken radiator and subsequent overheating and engine damage so I am extremely anxious about leaking radiator/hoses.
    Let me know how to you get on with the fix.
    Regards, Deep.

Thanks guys, will have a closer look, but need to sort out the leaking radiator hose which I have noticed this morning on the way to work! :banghead: Need to get it home now in one piece!

Hi all, have noticed that I am loosing water through my screen wash bottle at a rapid rate and the OBC keeps telling me that the washer fluid level is low, does anyone know where I can source another bottle from and if it is something that can be replaced easily. Thanks.

Thanks Wayne, the 2 Din units cover the OBC display which puts me off them, I have seen some single Din units at Halfords with an LCD display so may pop in this weekend at have a look.