Beiträge von user2883

I'm about to order a RHS FTP light strip.
    There are a few to choose from on the Real OEM page and my sticker with part number is long gone..

ILLUMINATED TAPE RIGHT 63111383178

ILLUMINATED TAPE RIGHT GELB 63111383944

For vehicles with NORDIC COUNTRIES VERSION =Yes
    ILLUMINATED TAPE RIGHT 63118354328

My car was delivered with option code 827 (Scandinavian Version)
    I suspect that points me to the one for Nordic Country version?
    What's the difference between these? The GELB are for US versions? The nordic version, has it anything to do with the 21W marker light?

I understand the question I asked might seem a bit peculiar, or let say pedantic, but it's for the sake of convenience; I place orders online and pick them up on my way home from work.

For what it's worth; the nut is partno 07-12-9-904-221 and screw is a ST 4.2 x 15-18mm. Head of the screw would be Phillips so you can use the screwdriver in the box in the trunk if you want to change bulbs while on the road.

What's a reasonable price to pay for a BMW Business CD CD43?
    I see in some auctions on eBay that the side tabs is missing and knob is badly worn, but they seem to be available at BMW although quite expensive. Are those parts still in stock?

Also, are there any difference between US and EU units? I saw on a sticker on some unit that for US recoding of some sort was necessary.

Yes thank you very much for that detailed answer! The CD43 looks like what I'm after.
    However, my 840 was not shipped with a CD-changer from the factory. I assume option 687 was only the connector for the radio?

My april 1994 manufactured 840 was equipped with the option code 687 RADIO PREPARATION and I assume the Scandinavian reseller fit the Pioneer head which it had originally in it.

A few years ago I bought a new Blaupunkt to try to match the OEM look but it's to be honest quite far off so now I want to look into a real OEM radio head unit.

I'm searching for advise on what units can be fit without any conversion or modifications. I assume (haven't had the opportunity to look yet - it's currently in storage) I have the standard setup of amplifier and loudspeakers which I assume the option code 687 brings?

I can make mix-tapes as well as Mix-CD's :)

Hi,

I'm about to put a new set of 235/50 R16 tyres to my stock Style 8 rims.
    It appears that this tyre size is not available anymore? I've checked my ordinary tyre shop and they can't get that dimension anymore.. Are there any manufacturer at all having these in their offering?

If so, what dimension have you put on these rims? 225/55? 245/50?
    Any good brand you can recommend?

Pictures of alternate sizes on this type of rim are more than welcome!

Best regards

Trying to source new parts for this retrofit and I stumbled upon an "installation kit" which is not available anymore.
    The part number for the kit is
    82 11 9 402 709. I read the pdf from the E31.net archive from Wuffer's site and it said the following about piecing the installation kit together:

Note <1>, Installation Kit Contents:
    Reinforcement Rear Spoiler 51-12-2-252-015 1 $
    Clips 51-12-1-946-136 2 $
    Foil 51-12-2-252-014 1 $
    Air Duct-Front Spoiler 51-71-2-252-004 1 $
    Instruction Manual NA NA NA
    Miscellaneous Small Parts ? ? $

And regarding the "Miscellaneous Small Parts" it states:
    (to date, no has been able to source these separately by part number)

So, does anyone know these days which part numbers the Misc Small Parts section is made out of?

Regards

Thank you for your reply revtor!

I assume by using the same procedure, I can change back to the original language?

Also, what are the visible differences between coding the EKM/changing via service menu? The instrument display doesn't have any language specific output, right?

As I understand it there are two ways to change language in the MID.

1. Via the Service Menu.

2. Recoding the EKM.

As stated in this thread, reply #8 by user revtor. http://www.8er.org/forum/showt…375&viewfull=1#post120375

Is it possible to recode with GT1/DIS v44? I have access to DIS. Anything in particular to pay attention to? Don't want to mess something expensive up..

Or perhaps just change the language via the Service Menu.

What's your take on this?

Pictures taken from the repair manual

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/27628/
    This is the charge/fill unit I was refering to earlier. I guess you can substitute this unit with pressing the brake pedal and make sure the reservoir doesn't get empty?

Also, I'm a bit confused about following. See highlighted from the brakes section.

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/27629/
    It seems that there is a separate "mineral oil" circuit in the brake system, or is it refering to the older variant of ABS ASC+T system? It states in the section for ABS/ASC+T that it's for cars manufactured 1994 and newer.

I've tested the relays and they are fine.
    I've setup a computer with INPA/EDIABAS and DIS/GT1.
    Now I'm waiting for the mailman to arrive with my ADS interface/cable.
    I suspect I have to exchange the pump and I have located a few, not too costly replacement pumps.
    Still, I will run the sequence from DIS and actuate the valves before attempting to replace the pump. I heard some got their units working by excercising them.

In the meantime I prepare for the exchange..
    What fluid is used for the abs system? Is it the same as in the brake system? It states "mineral oil" in the repair manual and for the normal brake system "brake fluid".
    Also, in the repair manual it states that you have to use some kind of device which builds up pressure (max 2bar) and supplies fresh fluid to the reservoir. I guess that device can be substituted with a person who make sure the reservoir doesn't get empty and introduce air to the system right?

Regards

Hej på er!

Undrar var ni brukar köpa era reservdelar?
    Lokala BMW-handlaren, handlare på nätet, ebay eller liknande.
    Har mest handlat hos lokala handlaren men misstänker det finns bättre köp att göra annorstädes :)

/Thomas

Hi all,

BMW 840Ci 1994 10800 km

I have the ABS and ASC+T lights on as some of you have had as seen while searching the topic.
    Thing is, the lights are not on when starting. They come on after rolling a few meters.
    I've read the fault code and it states "15 faulty ABS return pump".
    I've also cleaned the wheel sensors to no help.

Any pointers in how and were to proceed from here are greatly appreciated?
    I've read about ABS pump relays, fuses, pump refurbishing and don't know where to start off to be honest.
    Can I blindly trust the fault code and start looking for a working pump or are there possibly something else which can be the problem?

Best regards,

Thomas

I have a spare set of original wheels (to the left in the picture) with good enough Kumho 225/50-16 tyres. I also have a set of Borbet rims to go (to the right in the picture). Only rims with that set. Tyres are M+S, almost as new in wear but about twelve years old.