Beiträge von user2883

Aww still can't find out. There's no more parts that should fix the cover in the description?

It's a pretty cheap part so I bought a new one hoping there would be any more clues in the package, but no no.

2 Floor mat locks with circlips. Color "pergament". Notice that the shaft is a bit longer for the locks used with floor mats.

1 cover for main windshield wiper fluid container in engine bay (item no. 9)

1 cover for fluid container in the trunk area (item no. 19)

These parts was not available from my local BMW dealer. Perhaps someone has these in good condition laying around?

I've sent and got mine back. It's as new. I talked to the guy and he said that 77€ will give me new connectors and wires with one year warranty. Paid him that amount but haven't opened it to look how it's done. I'm happy!

Ok, located the problem; it was a faulty actuator. Now I'm cruising along :) I've found a 1995 840Ci nearby that I can wreck and get spare parts from. Very nice indeed! The bridging was done as I expected: a connector and a wire.

Thx for your help guys!

I think this might be because of a faulty actuator. I'll borrow another one and try. I'll keep my white connector stuffed with a wire jumper while doing this. Although, I'd be very interested in a pic showing how the bridging is done by the factory. Anyone please?

How to remove the the fill-in flap from the body?

Took a quick look at the car and didn't find anything in the repair manual..

Best regards,

/T

Stuffed a wire but didn't work this time either. Bought second hand stuff so maybe one or hopefully not all of the components are faulty. Which component is most likely to fail? Where and how to continue trouble shooting?

Ok, now I have everything mounted and routed. Did a first attempt to use it but it didn't work. What's the first to do after having everything in place? Did leave the white two pin connector which I assume is for the clutch switch. I'm in need of some feedback and suggestions.

Best regards,

/Thomas

TerryY: Thank you very much for the pictures!

Great! A, B, C and D taken care of. I found two additional pictures for C and D; one where the cover is removed and cable routing is visible and one showing the opening for the switch. Correct?

That leaves me with E left. Someone please take the last pictures :D

Since I have my car in a garage which is located quite a bit from me over the winter I can't get access to it very often, therefore I ask if the wiring is in the main harness and switches mounted, were are the contacts for the actuator and control unit hidden? I'm also that annoying kind of guy who does quite a bit of research before jumping into a project. I guess you know the type... :lol:

The traffic situation does of course depend on the time of day here in the south of Sweden. Speeding tickets are dirt expensive these days and I mostly travel in the evenings, so cruise control comes in handy.

stevep840: As I said, I would be very grateful for pictures. I've been searching around this board for pictures revealing my wanted views, but haven't found anything useful. So if you or anyone with an 840 get the opportunity to take pictures for me, please do!

Paul_M: Thanks, but I've acquired the actuator and control unit at this point. Can you confirm that what's needed for the retrofit is:

CRUISE CONTROL ACTUATOR 65711378315
    ACTUATOR SUPPORTING PLATE 65718354629
    BOWDEN CABLE 65718354630
    CRUISE CONTROL SWITCH 61311393316
    CONTROL UNIT F CRUISE CONTROL 65711387625
    CONTROL UNIT BRACKET 61138354562

Ok, email sent to Dave. While waiting for a reply I ask you who have a 1993-1999 840 to take some photos for me on the following objects:

A) Two pictures - One so I can see where the actuator is located and one more close up perhaps showing a bit of the bracket.

B) Picture(s) so I can see how the bowden cable is routed.

C) Picture so I can see where and how the bowden cable end is connected.

D) Picture on how the steering wheel column panel is opened for the cruise control switch.

E) Two pictures - One so I can see where the control unit is located and one more close up perhaps showing a bit of the bracket.

I would be very grateful for this information. I suggest upload to a personal gallery, maybe temporary, so I can grab the preferably high resolution photos there.

Happy new year to all of you!

/Thomas