Beiträge von nielsen_850

Thanks, I also considered that, but for now ended up with buying a used 0 205 000 015 and just replacing the Eprom with the one from my defect 0 205 000 004 - seem to be working just fine, I do not notice any difference in driving characteristics.

But are still considering maybe to look into a repair to have it as a spare, as you mention it could be it is just some of the electrolytic capacitors has dried out.

/Bo

Hi Terje

It would be nice if that was the case, and could be solved like that.
    I would appreciate you help very much with this.

The car is a 850Ci (M70),European, Manual, production November 1991 (VIN CB14125)

The chip also has a label with number: 2 287 357 436.

Best regards,
    Bo

I suspect that my EML has died on me. "Unfortunately" it's a manual driveversion, which makes it rather difficult to find as a used part.

But does anyone know if it is correct that the hardware should be the same from an automatic drive version, E31 or E32, and that it is the EPROM that makes the difference?

My EML is a Bosch 0 205 000 004 (BMW 1729745), but is Bosch 0 205 000 015 and / or 0 205 000 005 actual the same, apart from the EPROM, and can be used if the EPROM is switched?

This can befound more easily.

0 205 000015 come with BMW no like 1733598 / 599 / 600 / 601
    0 205 000 005: 1725387 / 388 / 389

Help/ comments highly appreciated
    /
    Bo

Thanks for comment, however I'm still equal confused.:hmmmm:

If you on your lookup for 32211138866 click the E31 result, it will open with the same cars as for 32211138867, and if you click a LHD, e.g. EG11 it will show 32211138866 and for a RHD, e.g. EG12 it will show 32211138867, i.e. different part for LHD and RHD.

In my mind BMW must have had a reason for manufacturing two different parts, but it has not been possible for me to find any info regarding that, only I am rather sure that one of the ball joints should be more tight than normal.

Reason for my confusion is mainly that the part I removed, which seem to be the original 1991 from TRW, have the tight ball joint to the right with the steering arm, where the new part is opposite, but of course BMW could also have made that change when they discontinued the original part 32 21 1 138 856.

Have to send the car for wheel alignment, and obvious would like to be sure that the part is correct before that.:harhar:

/Bo

Hi,

When changing the center tie rod, 32211138866, I faced a somewhat unexpected issue that I hope someone can help clear up.:hmmmm:

On the center tie rod there is two ball joints, one normal "loose" and one more fixed / tight.

I was expecting that the normal would go with the Pitman arm (#10) for the steering box, and the fixed with the steering arm (#14)(to the right on a left hand car like mine)

However on the part that I have got it is opposite, i.e. the fixed ball joint is to the left with the Pitman arm / steering box.

The part is a Optimal G4-862, that are intended for left hand cars - in the spec. they specify that this part is only for left hand cars - actual, from what I can find, think that Optimal do not even make this part for right hand cars!

Have I misunderstood something, or is there perhaps an error with the part that I have received!

Since both genuine BMW parts and Optimal specify that this part is different for right and left hand cars, there must be a reason for the two different ball joints, and where they fit.

Help / comments highly appreciated :kiss:

/Bo

I have had this Bilstein sport suspension lying around for some years now; it has been stored indoor so still in perfect condition.

It has only run round about 1500 km, comes mounted in original front strut (31 31 1 138 552 / 31 31 1 138 551), with new standard coil spring (31 33 1 137 954), new protection plate and new Meyle wheel hub.

The top guide supports is not new, but seem in good condition.

The Bilstein give some really good driver characteristic, but is too hard for my taste.

The Allen wrench at top of one of the rear shock has been round. It is only used to hold against when tightening, if necessary 2 nuts can be use to hold.

What's a fair price? Thought something round 500 - 550 Euros?

Save the postage (from Denmark) - I am attending the International meeting in Munich 29.05 - 01.06, so if you are interested and also attend, or know someone who does, I can bring the suspension to the meeting:driving:

/Bo

Seems there are no participants from Denmark yet – this is not acceptable, so I’ll better join :winkwink:

Hotel also booked and confirmed:top:

Full name – Bo Nielsen
    8er ID – nielsen_850
    Nation - Denmark
    Car license and model – YC 34306, 850i 6 speed
    Handy tel. number +45 20 13 37 74
    Single or double room - Double
    Other Persons in your room – yes (Bente)
    Other Passengers in your car – Bente
    Estimated arrival VIE time and date – Friday 7 JUNE
    Estimated departure VIE time and date - Monday 10 JUNE
    Do you need to be picked up at VIE APT- no

Hi Per,
    I could maybe be interested, if it is for model with memory, i.e. part number 51 16 2 253 835 and 51 16 2 253 836 (I will have to paint them in my colour)
    / Bo

Zitat von Pelle;100561

Hi
    I would like to thank all participants for your participation and that you helped out and made the meeting.:party:
    Pictures coming as soon as I get some spare time so I can sort the pictures I have taken.

Now we hope that it will be a meeting in Denmark shortly.:help::devilchilli:

We will consider the possibility - no promises given:hmmmm:
    /Bo

Huge thanks from the Danish delegation, for a nice, interesting and very successful weekend - a fabulous continuation of the excellent meeting in Norway last year, which was our E31 debut.:top:
    Hope to see all of you again at future E31 gatherings.
    PS. Also the ride home was interesting, among other things, we went past the "candy plane" where candy enough for a small village was purchased - most of it of Danish origin - to 1/3 of the price in Denmark – who understand world economy:banghead:
    / Bente & Bo:winkwink:

Zitat von Adrian;98669

800 EUR for a gearbox flush? Not even BMW charged me that during Inspection II..

That said, it's expensive. I'm looking at 26k NOK (3400 EUR) just in front shocks, and another 2000 EUR in "misc" to keep her in perfect condition. This includes a new front bumper (several mounts broken, old plastic, and paint peeling), and some engine work. (It shakes between 1400 and 2000 when cold. I also have the reputable ticking noise, and very uneven idle when cold, but fine when warm. Gasket? Any ideas?)

I have a complete Bilstein ready to mount sport suspension lying (front and rear) only run approximately 1500 km, including new standard coil spring, protection plate and wheel hub :driver: - if interested I think we should be able to find a reasonable price – and you will save a whole lot to complete the rest on the to do list ;)

/Bo