Beiträge von Fern

Greeting SoCal,

I have just completed the Newsletter for October. This and all future Newsletter and Car of the Month issues will now be published on our SoCal 8s website. Here is the link to the Newsletter for October;

http://socaleights.com/wp-content/uploads/past-newsletters/newsletter_october_2012.pdf

We also have a Facebook page where you can post pictures of your car at;
    www.facebook.com/socaleights

If you have not signed up please do.

I will continue to send out a notice when they have been posted. You can also find all archive past issues in pdf format on the website. You can download them if you wish.

For those of you who have your own website feel free to post them or link them to our website.

SoCal 8s will be attending the SoCal Euro at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego on Saturday November 17th. I will be leaving from the LAX at 6:30 AM south on I-405. If you wish to caravan down, please contact me or list your name here. We will stop at the Irvine Spectrum in front of the Cheescake Factory to rendezvous with the OC members between 7:15-7:30. Anyone wishing to join us further south can call me that morning so we can hook up along the way.

The plan is to arrive at the Qualcomm Stadium between 8:30-9:00 AM so we can all park together. Show starts at 10:00 PM and ends at 3:00 PM Admission is free and you can leave at any time.

SoCal Euro has never had a large contingent of 8’s at any of their shows so I am hoping to make this one memorable as it was for Bimmerfest 2012.

Yes I will continue with "Car of the month" for more in depth expanded coverage of the car. Marquee is highlighting an 8 owners car that is not so in depth.

Zitat von hmer2507;104425

Hi Fern,

T-Shirts just arrived today in best condition. Thank you very much.

Greetings, Heinz

:devilchilli:Glad you are all happy with the T-Shirts. Thank you all in Europe for supporting SoCal 8's. If you take a picture wearing them I will put it in my next Newsletter. Please add you name where you live to the email.

Looking forward to seeing them on you.

Fern :winkwink:

"fernm33@aol.com"[/email]

Greetings All,

This month Newsletter is a bit late but for a good reason. I decided to completely redo the format and artwork as well as adding some addition things. And I also was waiting receive some late stories.

The new Newsletter will now cover our total 8 community not just SoCal. You can see from the issue that I can add different articles and stories. So if you have a special story you wish to share feel free to send it to me. As long as your an 8 owner you can submit your story. No story is too small and can include your immediate family member.

I wish to thank Ralph, Ron, Manny, William, Antonin, and Steve for your contributions.
    This Newsletter took countless hours to produce so I hope you enjoy this month issue.

Please contact me to request a pdf copy or to be added to my mailing list for future pdf’s. Your feedback is always accepted.

Regards,
    Fern

Greetings All,

This month Newsletter is a bit late but for a good reason. I decided to completely redo the format and artwork as well as adding some addition things. And I also was waiting receive some late stories.

The new Newsletter will now cover our total 8 community not just SoCal. You can see from the issue that I can add different articles and stories. So if you have a special story you wish to share feel free to send it to me. As long as your an 8 owner you can submit your story. No story is too small and can include your immediate family member.

I wish to thank Ralph, Ron, Manny, William, Antonin, and Steve for your contributions.
    This Newsletter took countless hours to produce so I hope you enjoy this month issue.

Please contact me to request a pdf copy or to be added to my mailing list for future pdf’s. Your feedback is always accepted.

Regards,
    Fern

:help:

Ladies and Gentleman,

For the remainder of this year I am expanding my SoCal 8s Newsletter coverage area. The coverage will include United States and Internationally countries in order to reach out beyond SoCal.

I am sure there are many good stories or events that took place this year that some of you would like to share. It does not have to be car related.

I am sending out this call for any human interest stories to all my fellow 8ers. The only requirement is that you own an 8. You can include any member of your immediate family. If you are an 8 owner and have a special story of an past and upcoming events, trip, accomplishments, or special service you have performed and would like to share it with everyone send it to me.

The story can originate from anywhere in the world there a 8s. When you send me your story, please include the story in MS Word and also a pictures pertaining to your write up if you have them. I will also need a good picture of yourself and a few of your 8 to include in the Newsletter.

Please email the story to me at "fernm33@aol.com"

Cheers![/email]

Ladies and Gentleman,

For the remainder of this year I am expanding my SoCal 8s Newsletter coverage area. The coverage will include United States and Internationally countries in order to reach out beyond SoCal.

I am sure there are many good stories or events that took place this year that some of you would like to share. It does not have to be car related.

I am sending out this call for any human interest stories to all my fellow 8ers. The only requirement is that you own an 8. You can include any member of your immediate family. If you are an 8 owner and have a special story of an past and upcoming events, trip, accomplishments, or special service you have performed and would like to share it with everyone send it to me.

The story can originate from anywhere in the world there a 8s. When you send me your story, please include the story in MS Word and also a pictures pertaining to your write up if you have them. I will also need a good picture of yourself and a few of your 8 to include in the Newsletter.

Please email the story to me at "fernm33@aol.com"

Cheers!
    [/email]

Ladies and Gentleman,

I am sending out this call for any human interest stories to all my fellow 8ers. The only requirement is that you own an 8. You can include any member of your immediate family. If you are an 8 owner and have a special story of any past or upcoming events, trip, accomplishments, graduations, or special service you have performed and would like to share it with everyone pease send it to me.

The story can originate from anywhere in the world there are 8 owners. When you send in your story, please include the story in MS Word NOT INSERTED in your email. Also include pictures pertaining to your write up if you have them. I will also need a good picture of yourself and a few of your 8 to include in the Newsletter.

I currently have 3 stories in the works, so this is your chance your story "In the News"

Please email the story to me at "fernm33@aol.com"[/email]

"fernm33@aol.com"

"fernm33@aol.com"

Here is the 8th Issue of SoCal 8’s “Car of the Month” for October 2012. This month I am featuring a Supercharged 840Ci belonging to Svein Froyland from Norway. If you have ever thought of supercharging your 840Ci this should make for some interesting reading.

I also would like to take this opportunity to ask if anyone has interesting past or future events, stories, or travels that you would like to share with our members that I can use for the September Newsletter. If so please send them to me with pictures. I am sure some of you have some good stories.

Taylor Patterson is currently working on our new web site. Take a look at the construction page at www.socaleights.com with the sound on. I will announce when the site goes up. There will be a registration section for 8 owners once the site is active.

If you would like a pfd copy please email me.

As always, your feedback and suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,
    Fern
    Club President

Greetings,

Here is the 8th Issue of SoCal 8’s “Car of the Month” for October 2012. This month I am featuring a Supercharged 840Ci belonging to Svein Froyland from Norway. If you have ever thought of supercharging your 840Ci this should make for some interesting reading.

Taylor Patterson is currently working on our new web site. Take a look at the construction page at www.socaleights.com with the sound on. I will announce when the site goes up.

If you would like a pfd copy please email me.

As always, your feedback and suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,
    Fern
    Club President

:winkwink: Greeting Fellow 8ers!

Here is the Newsletter for August. I know it is later than normal but I wanted to include the Sunday Brunch and meeting we had last weekend. The 8 community held 2 events this August and they are both featured in this issue. Some SoCal members joined our brothers in Nor Cal for a weekend event in Carmel Valley to see the M8.

There is some good news to report that I think you will be as excited as we were at the meeting last Sunday. All the details are in this issue.

This is a short SoCal 8s promotional note.

Polo’s shirts for sale:
    3ea. XL Black Polo
    2ea. XL White Polo
    1ea. Med. Black Ladies Polo

I am picking the polo shirts up Monday. If you would like one please contact me.

I an also picking up the 2nd run of SoCal T-Shirts next week and have a few extra left. If you would like one contact me soon. Some of you ordered them for our 1st run but I did not receive your payment. You must reorder them again. This may be the last run of T-shirts for a while.

If you would like a pdf copy or be added to my mailing list please email me. You can also see all past issues on Taylor Patterson’s website at: www.taylorpatterson.com/wp/ see BLOG and NEWSLETTERS tabs.

Your feedback is appreciated

Have a great day!

Fern

:winkwink: Greeting Fellow 8ers!

Here is the Newsletter for August. I know it is later than normal but I wanted to include the Sunday Brunch and meeting we had last weekend. The 8 community held 2 events this August and they are both featured in this issue. Some SoCal members joined our brothers in Nor Cal for a weekend event in Carmel Valley to see the M8.

There is some good news to report that I think you will be as excited as we were at the meeting last Sunday. All the details are in this issue.

This is a short SoCal 8s promotional note.

Polo’s shirts for sale:
    3ea. XL Black Polo
    2ea. XL White Polo
    1ea. Med. Black Ladies Polo

I am picking the polo shirts up Monday. If you would like one please contact me.

I an also picking up the 2nd run of SoCal T-Shirts next week and have a few extra left. If you would like one contact me soon. Some of you ordered them for our 1st run but I did not receive your payment. You must reorder them again. This may be the last run of T-shirts for a while.

If you would like a pdf copy or be added to my mailing list please email me. You can also see all past issues on Taylor Patterson’s website at: www.taylorpatterson.com/wp/ see BLOG and NEWSLETTERS tabs.

Your feedback is appreciated

Have a great day!

Fern

This month I am featuring the one of a kind M8 for “Car of the Month”. It is a car that needs little introduction and one that a few of us on August 17th had the privilege to see in person. It is one of the most controversial 8 coupes ever. I hope you will enjoy reading this issue as much as we enjoyed being there. It was a once in a lifetime marquee appearance made possible by BMW, Germany.

If you would like a pdf copy send your request to:

"fernm33@aol.com"[/email]

Regards,

Fern

This month I am featuring the one of a kind M8 for “Car of the Month”. It is a car that needs little introduction and one that a few of us on August 17th had the privilege to see in person. It is one of the most controversial 8 coupes ever. I hope you will enjoy reading this issue as much as we enjoyed being there. It was a once in a lifetime marquee appearance made possible by BMW, Germany.

Regards,

Fern

Update Today

Gents,

I picked up the T's Thursday morning before heading out to see the M8 on Thursday noon.

All the International orders were mailed out yesterday by US mail. The US orders were sent out today by Priority Mail. Some of you in the local area will be receiving them on Wednesday.

Thanks to everyone who ordered the Ts and paid in advance. Without your cooperation I would not been able to finance this project.

If you receive your shirt let me know here. I hope you like them.

Cheers!

Fern