Beiträge von Fern

Well here I am again posting yet another thread. It seems as if this has become a regular job

This month I reached further North across the great pond from SoCal to Stavanger, Norway to feature Terje Nordhus 1994 850 CSi for August issue of “Car of the Month”.

Terje has over one hundred in his registry covering several neighboring countries and is a very active 8 owner. Take some time to read through the newsletter and get to know another 8 owner who is part of our community.

Please join me in congratulate Terje on making this month issue. If you would like a Adobe pdf copy email me.

Regards,
    Fern

Well here I am again posting yet another thread. It seems as if this has become a regular job

This month I reached further North across the great pond from SoCal to Stavanger, Norway to feature Terje Nordhus 1994 850 CSi for August issue of “Car of the Month”.

Terje has over one hundred in his registry covering several neighboring countries and is a very active 8 owner. Take some time to read through the newsletter and get to know another 8 owner who is part of our community.

Please join me in congratulate Terje on making this month issue. If you would like a Adobe pdf copy email me.

Regards,
    Fern

SoCal 8s has been given a special discount for this event. If we get 25 to attend they will seat us all together on the upper part of the grandstand. The best place to watch the race.

I you would like to attend sign up here.

I'll continue to work towards getting us discount for good's and events.

Cheers!

Fern

Your good Harry. Not meant for you. ;)

SoCal 8s T-shirts

I am now taking orders for T-Shirt. Remember that if you sign up here it is a commitment to purchase.

The “T’s” are silkscreen. I added the BMW / 8 logo on the left sleeve to these shirts.

If you prefer the shirt without the sleeve logo let me know. I can have them made either way.

They are top quality AAA 100% pre-shrunk cotton shirts.

USPS Mailing is available at $5.15 per shirt.
    International orders contact me for USPS mail cost

Payment is per PayPal "fernm33@aol.com" Please make sure you send quantity, size with your payment, and mailing address if you want them sent. Also please send payment as a "GIFT" I lost money the last time because money was not sent this way. I will order them once I get the minimum of 25 paid orders.

Find a “T” that fits you well and use the chart to make sure the measurements are good before ordering them.

7/27/12 Good news I just received a new price for the shirts that I can pass on the savings to you. Here are the new prices saving YOU $8.00 per shirt.

Here are the new prices:

Small to X Large______ $17.00 Plus USPS = $22.15
    2 X Large___________ $19.00 Plus USPS = $24.15
    3 X Large___________ $21.00 Plus USPS = $26.15

[/email]

I will mark it paid once funds are received.

Commit to Order: Totals: 25 and counting Goal: 25 minimum
    1 Fern 1-XL Paid
    2 Mark M. 1 XL Paid
    3 Harald G 3 XL & 1 Sm Paid
    4 Barry S. 1 XL Paid
    5 Art F. 1 Med Paid
    6 David P. 2 XL Paid
    7 Stan H. 1 3XL Paid
    8 Terje N. 2 L & 2 XL Paid
    9 John B. 1 2XL Paid
    10 Yu N. 2 Med. Paid
    11 Matthew M 2 XL
    12 Mike D. 2 XL Paid
    13 Gregoory G. 1 L Paid
    14 Thor E.L. 2 ? size

SoCal Members,

Here is a copy of SoCal 8s July Newsletter. This month copy covers: Wrenchfest at Solely Bimmer, a special message page, advance copy from the Bimmer magazine, new artwork for the SoCal T-Shirts, and our upcoming events page. If you would like a Adobe pdf copy, email me and I’ll make sure you get one.

Hope you enjoy this month issue.

SoCal 8s July “Car of the Month”

This month I have selected Tim Meek who many of you know and have seen his posts with his stunning 1999 840Ci, as our “Car of the Month” recipient. I have added the Newsletter on 3 forums 8er.com, Roadfly.com, and forums.bimmerforums.com.

If you would like an Adobe pdf copy send me an email and I will send you an original pdf copy. Please join me in Congratulating Tim on making this months issue.

Reminder, We are holding our Wenchfest this Saturday at Solely BMW from 9-4. As of today we have 17 signed up to attend. Details are on the forums.

SoCal 8s July “Car of the Month”

This month I have selected Tim Meek who many of you know and have seen his posts with his stunning 1999 840Ci, as our “Car of the Month” recipient.

I have added the Newsletter on 3 forums 8er.com, Roadfly.com, and forums.bimmerforums.com.

If you would like an Adobe pdf copy send me an email and I will send you an original pdf copy.

Please join me in Congratulating Tim on making this months issue.

Reminder that I accept nomenations each month for "Car of the Month"

Regards,

Fern
    SoCal 8's

1st Buy. Here is the current list I have:

Taylor P. 1 Blk L PAID P/U @ WF
    Ralph R. 1 Blk XL WILL PAY @ WF
    Ralph R. 1 Blk M WILL PAY @ WF
    Scot S. 1 Blk L PAID MAILED 7/5
    Ron H. 1 Blk XXL WILL PAY @ WF
    Forrest 1 Blk S PAID MAILED 7/5
    Dan W. 2 Wht L WILL PAY @ WF
    Harold W. 1 Blk XL PAID MAILED 7/5
    Ron P. 1 Blk L PAID P/U @ WF
    Manny P. 2 Blk L PAID MAILED 7/5
    Mark F. 1 Blk L PAID P/U @ WF
    Colin G. 1 Blk XL PAID P/U @ WF
    Brian R. 1 Grn L PAID MAILED 7/5
    Mark M. 1 Blk/ 1 WHT XL PAID MAILED 7/5
    Mark M. 1 Blk M Ladies Polo PAID MAILED 7/5
    Alec C. 1 Blk L V-neck WILL PAY @ WF
    Gary C. 1 Blk / 1 Wht XL WILL PAY @ WF
    Tim M. 3 Blk Lg PAID MAILED 7/6
    Gregory G.1ea Blk Lg. PAID MAILED 7/6
    David K. 1ea XL PAID MAILED 7/6
    Roger W. 1ea XL PAID MAILED 7/6
    Harry G. 1ea XL PAID MAILED 7/6

Those who did not pay went off the list today 7/6 and some were sold to waiting members.

Here are the sizes I have left as of 7/6:

Med-Black 1
    Med-White 1
    X Large Black 1

I have one large size sample left but logo is not the same as the others. It's one of a kind.

The first run is competed and those who have requested them to be mailed they will go out Thursday by USPS Priority mail. I had to make a slight change to the artwork because the “Passion for Perfection” lettering for a 4.5” logo was too small and distorted. I think however you will like the new logo.

For those who are attending WrechFest July 14th, I will have them there. If you have not prepaid please try to have $30.00 CASH for each shirt you ordered.

I also have some shirts left incase someone else wishes to make an order. Email me if you’re interested. Mailing shirt to US is $36.00 total for one and $41.00 for 2. Email me first to make sure I have the shirt you need then once confermed Paypal me as GIFT or add $2.00 more to price at: "fernm33@aol.com"[/email]. Need size, color,quantity needed, and mailing address.

Here are the sizes:

Med-Black 1
    Med-White 1
    Large Black 4
    X Large Black 4
    X Large White 1

To All,

I wanted to delay this month newsletter so that I could include our 1st Temecula Wine Tour coverage. Hope you enjoy this issue. For those who missed it we hope you can join us at the next 2 events this summer.

In addition, today I received an email from Jackie Jouret Editor of Bimmer Magazine. She is mailing me 2 comp copies of the Cars & Coffee Meet we had on December 17th of last year. Yes it took a while, but we will be featured in August issue #109. It will be out Early July so keep an eye out for it at your newsstand.

My Best to you all!

Fern

"Doing my best to keep your 8 community alive"

To All 8 Community Members,

This month we have a very special member of our community; Steve Cohen his 8 has made this month issue of SoCal 8’s Car of the Month. We all know of Steve and many of us have had the pleasure to meet him. He is truly a leader and an inspiration to us all.

Please join me in Congratulating Steve for making the June’s Issue. :devilchilli:

More great news from Steve to come very soon!

Cheers!

Fern

SoCal 8's continue to make the news in the BMW community. Here is a newsletter that goes out to all the BMW Dealerships nationwide.

Our thanks go out to Savage BMW for their support.

Guy’s

December 17, 2011 Cars & Coffee Meet
    Bimmer Magazine coverage

Today I received word that we should be in September issue #109 baring any article bumping us. I received August issue #108 today so look for issue #109 in early July. Mailers come out before it hits the news racks, so it may be a little later in July.

In case you can’t get one, there is also a way to purchase back issues in August for $10 by sending check or CC# requesting issue number 109 to:

BIMMER MAGAZINE BACK ISSUES
    P.O. BOX 1529
    ROSS, CA 94957
    TEL: 415-382-0580

Limited Supply on back issues.

Cheers!

Fern

This month the Newsletter was held up so that I could cover the Bimmerfest 2012 Meet. Hope you find this months copy interesting and informative. This month I added a lot of pictures and a new page of “Upcoming Events” for you to track. And mark on your 2012 calendar. I also will need any member worldwide who would like to be featured in my next issue of “Car of the Month” If you feel you have a special story to share or know of someone who does contact me via email.

Hope you enjoy and any feedback is welcome.

Regards,
    Fen

“Working hard to Keep Our 8 Community Alive” :top:

Most of you have heard the story of this magnificent car and its demise this week since being purchase by the 4th owner. There pictures are self explanatory and do not need many words from me.

The good news is that it is now in great hands with Andrew Kahn in his car collection. Negotiations are underway to buy it back and keep it in his or someone else’s collection who appreciates beauty when they see it. Andrew picked up the car and took it to his shop in Glendale to try and get it back to its original condition. Sadly the transmission took a hit and now that have to be repaired or replace.

It went from this when sold to the 4th owner:

To this in 3 weeks:

Now has been restored back after 7 hours of work.

SoCal 8’s May “Car of the Month”

Greeting 8 Members,

Some of you may have seen this article on other 8 forums. I am an 8 series owner since 1996 and these past years we have lost many of the original owners through attrition. I this year I have recently decided to do something to revive the enthusiasm we once had by producing SoCal 8’s Newsletters each month and this special issue featuring 8 series throughout the international 8 community.

Here is a copy of May’s Issue the longest issue thus far. It will be sent to all SoCal’s Members and those who had previously requested a “Car of the Month” copy. If I missed anyone or you would like a copy, please email me I will be glad to send you a clearer Adobe file.

This month issue features someone many of you know very well. .Please join me in congratulating Wolf Ganssauge “Wokke” to most of us, on making this month issue. He is very deserving in making this issue.

As always, requests are being accepted for future applicants. If you have a special build or restoration project, something unique or a pristine 8 and would like to be featured in SoCal 8’s Car of the Month. Please email me.

Hope you all enjoy this issue,

Fern

Working in SoCal to Keep the 8 Community Alive

Greeting from Southern California :)

SoCal 8’s May “Car of the Month”

Greeting 8 Members,

Some of you may have seen this article on other 8 forums. I am an 8 series owner since 1996 and these past years we have lost many of the original owners through attrition. I this year I have recently decided to do something to revive the enthusiasm we once had by producing SoCal 8’s Newsletters each month and this special issue featuring 8 series throughout the international 8 community.

Here is a copy of May’s Issue the longest issue thus far. It will be sent to all SoCal’s Members and those who had previously requested a “Car of the Month” copy. If I missed anyone or you would like a copy, please email me I will be glad to send you a clearer Adobe file.

This month issue features someone many of you know very well. .Please join me in congratulating Wolf Ganssauge “Wokke” to most of us, on making this month issue. He is very deserving in making this issue.

As always, requests are being accepted for future applicants. If you have a special build or restoration project, something unique or a pristine 8 and would like to be featured in SoCal 8’s Car of the Month. Please email me.

Hope you all enjoy this issue,

Fern

Working in SoCal to Keep the 8 Community Alive