Beiträge von ToxicTone

Hi Thomas...just popped it to say hi to another newbie..nice 8 you got there!
    If you ever get stuck with anything 8 related..just consult the Oracle "E31 Club" just like i do ..happy motoring :lol:

Since reading all the above i hesitate to add anything at all , but i did read that you say the inner slide roof was at an angle..well my last 8 had this problem..it turned out to be the inner roof had come out of the runners..and the cloth had started to get caught too..this also stops the tilt open action too..as it wont open till the inner roof has fully closed..i suspect yours isnt closing fully either..maybe you can carefully open it.. slowly.. and see where its jamming or catching..once i removed part off the cloth in my previous 8 that had caught..,hence dragging the inner roof at an angle..it was ok after that..good luck!!

Sounds very much like a problem i had on my previous 8..she was a problem car and had to go..but this sounds like the problem i had which turned out to be gearbox mountings..little rubber mounts that the box sits on..makes alot of knocking and not very obvious to see untill you get the car up..on a ramp and use a tyre lever to move the box a little so see...good luck with it..if it is the mounts..they are cheap and not hard to replace :wink:

after running her for 2 days now..it obviously isnt a leak..must have needed topping up..temp reading normal but still no warm air from the heater so i guess its back to more bleeding then :lol:

thx for your support Terry

Ok tried bleeding..still no hot air from the heater. but i found a new clue..under the hood top right im guessing is the heater matrix..4 pipes going into a heater exchange..the 2 nearest the windscreen are very hot..the other two are cold..and check this out..every 3 seconds i hear an audible "click" comin form this area..and when holding one of the rubber pipes going into the heater matrix i can feel the vibration as it "clicks"
    the temp reading on the dash reads normal.but obviously something isnt working right..just not sure what yet..and where to start working on the problem!

one thought tho..i topped up the rad with 2 litres of water...no evidence of a leak so this is worrying..hopefully not a headgasket?

yours worriedly...Tony :cry:

Fixed Grinns and Open mouthed..YUP..that would describe me in my Beastie for sure!
    Thx for the warm reception guys..i can see im going to enjoy being part of this club!
    Theres just something about the 8 isnt there..when youve driven one..youre smitten :D
    im from Essex btw place called Chelmsford.

Tony...Tall AND Toxic lol

Hi..after owning my new 8 for 3 weeks now..ive noticed her starting to overheat a little.
    Symptoms are..when running she runs at normal temp ie..needle 12 o possition..but when she idles..not moving..the temp creeps up a little..1 notch to 2..maybe over reacting but i dont like the combination of the words overheat..and V8..lol.
    another factor is that im getting NO hot air at all from the heater@24 sett and full on..i just get a off cold temp..nothing close to even warm.
    shes gotta cool down now, but in the morning i intend to check the water level.."at moment the float needle is 1 -1/2 inch from the top" and maybe try bleeding the system a little using the valve bleed screw on the rad.
    BMW Lynd have suggested mountains of money involving water pumps/viscos fan ect..
    Your help with any kind suggestion to remedy my prob will be gratefully appreciated!! Tony

Hi..id like to present myself..im Tony..the new owner of a beloved 8 ..ive posted this here, as the original owner is AJKD who has really looked after her so well..i can honestly say shes the best ive seen..present company excluded;)
    All the best Alan..have fun with the TT :D

Hi..ive just signed up here after being the new proud owner of an 840ci 4.4 8-series. Actually i bought the car from an E31 member..who looked after her lovingly "her being Beastie" and i intend to do the very same..omg its like swearing an oath to her isnt it. Anyway..hi from me..im Tony