Beiträge von mujxx

Hi, i have picked a set of breyton inspirations, they are 8.5-18" ET 13 (all 4), i will go for lowered suspension next month, What is widest size i can roll on 8.5 wide wheel.

I apologize for lack of knowledge

* Can i have different tyre size front versus rear?
    * What profile ?

Can i have 255-40 (F) & 275-35 (R)

Much appreciate.

Lloyd i know its very difficult to find CSI spoilers on eBay, this seller listed few E31 body parts, so i messaged him and he had both front and rear spoiler.

For those who are after CSI body kit this is what i paid:

1. Nose cone with CSI spoiler: £350
    2. Missing parts from BMW (number plate inserts L&R (£60each) & rubber spoiler which goes right at the bottom....very important it secures your CSI spoiler) all together about £170
    3. Rear Diffuser: £50
    4. CSI wing mirrors: £200

Total= £800 approx
    + Labor

hope this helps

@ Nathan: I think standard spoiler looks muscular while CSI gives new, modern and sporty flavor, but LEDS looks superb on this new spoiler...they are also very bright.

It could be brake light cluster which was taken out at the time of installation, otherwise its boot alignment as you mentioned, just not getting spare time..hopefully this weekend

@ Lloyd: yes i changed complete front including nose cone, bought complete CSI front off eBay(spoiler & cone), worked out and it was costing me more to split the lower half (spoiler) and than mount on old nose cone. saved at least £150 on mounting kit + labour

Yes rear diffuser needs to be aligned properly, the bracket where it sits was not in stock anywhere in the UK (BMW), takes 15 days from Germany so my body shop made brackets at no extra cost @BM its £58 + Vat

First I disconnected both batteries and took them to battery shop who checked and confirmed that one of the battery is giving 95% LESS power than it should (the battery I never checked) he also told me that this white battery is there since car came out of factory, you can see BMW seal and stickers on the battery (picture 1 below) but do they last 12 YEARS ???

The other battery was fine but still I bought two new batteries as recommended by Club and Road fly members, make is Banner, RRP £89 each but managed to get them on trade rate @£60 each, £120 for both.

Installed them and tried to fire up but this time again completely dead, luckily I noticed that AIR BAG light also disappeared which never happened during this problem, so I check the fuse which was blown, changed and fired up ---IT was such a relief trust me :D (fuse number 54 & 55)

But instrument cluster was still dead and car was behaving the same in reverse gear so checked fuse number 17 which is common fuse for both (reverse light and instrument cluster) fuse wasn’t blown but don’t know why I changed it :D

Fired up again and ALL back to normal as it was 4-5 days ago

CREDIT GOES OUT TO YOU GUYS, Thanks a lot for you help

Car was booked inn @ local tuning centre for tomorrow, so I quickly cancelled the appointment and took her for spin lol and I must stress that after CSI kit I get sick amount of looks, don’t want to get in detail but it took me quite a while to get back to home ..wink wink

I noticed that Aid Bag light on instrument cluster is not going off until you drive the car for like 20 sec, is it normal?

Also fuse number 24 which is missing, infect there is no holder where fuse sits, number 24 fuse and 23 is for fuel pump ???

@Tony- Yes it was a BIG coincide that fuses, battery and led bulb was blown at the same time, it wasn’t dead short, now I can install LED’s thanks for the guide.

@Faisal- I will get the alternator checked.

One more thing since we are talking about batteries and power etc, if everything is fine after new batteries than i will be installing my old amplifier (phoenix) and Kicker sub on Sunday, which battery should i use to give them power :roll:

cheers

I was only playing with one battery lol, after you guyz reminded that there are two batteries I disconnected both of them and left for about 30 mins to reset, but no such luck so I have decided to buy two new batteries first thing in the morning as only one battery was changed about year and a half ago and the other battery which is by the cd changer looks very old.

I agree It was my mistake to change fuses with higher ampere, hope it didn’t damage electrical in anyway.

@Faisal- I don’t think its alternator but still I’ll get it checked after new batteries.

@Tony- Yes I did bang on his desk but poor guy says “we covered every part with plastic sheets” and I saw that, but he did amazing body work trust me, my beast look fabulous inside out :D I will post some pictures later.

Yes it could be dead short in wiring… fingers crossed

Guys thanks a lot for your help, I will keep you informed with the progress.

Chao

I left the car with body shop to install csi body kit, after two days went there an hour before delivery and gave them LED’s (Matrix II) for sidelights.

After bulb installation they wanted the car in alley way to wash and wax, the battery was flat so we jumped it, at this moment everything is fine i.e on board lights working, OBC working, RPM MPH all working perfectly.

Took it to my mechanic to show him body work, he liked the side light and asked me to use higher ampere fuses, so I changed 5A to 7.5A and drove home.

After 4-5 hours when I fired up all the lights on dash disappeared (ASC, Air Bag, Battery, Engine etc etc) only mileage meter and hand brake lights were working, also OBC was dead, I though low battery…..drove 45 min about 20-25 miles stopped at petrol station, after refill the car was completely dead so again I called recovery, jump start again.

Forgot to mention above that after every jump start, RPM, MPH, Fuel meter, OBC didn’t work for first 5-7 mins, now the strange thing is when they are working after 5-7 mins if you put in reverse all the meters goes dead including OBC, put in forward gear everything is working fine.

Today morning I changed those fuse back to 5A , changed the bulbs back to stock, swapped the battery with my 7 series which is new……car is still dead, I can hear starter motor etc….so I installed the old battery and jumped.

• All the dash board lights ( ASC, Battery, Engine etc etc ) are dead no matter how you start.
    • Even if the battery is fully charged after 40 miles, all meters & OBC goes dead if you switch in reverse gear.
    • Car wont start with any battery (only jump start)

I need input guys, thanks in adv.

I have following items for sale:

1. Complete front bumper (nose cone, spoiler, grill, vents, plate mount, trim etc etc)....ready to install, side light unit & BMW amble are not offered, taken off from 840ci 1995 UK spec.

2. Side skirts (both sides)

3. Boot Spoiler with light

4. Rear bumper Cover (Part Numer: 51128124048) & Flap (Part Number:51128108579)

If interested please PM me for pictures as i am not able to attach pics for some reason ???

I am based in London.

cheers