Beiträge von Sama

haha, it's funny. I think that's the opinion of most people so far, on this forum and another :) well done... and not... and it's also how I feel. A half empty/full cup!

well, she's gone. after 1.5 months, I sold her and the guy picked up today. No doubt he'll join these forums soon!

Many thanks to lots and lots of you for all your help and guidance, and you can expect to see me here again at some point in the future, when I get another :)

Clutch is changed and radio's all working again.

car's now up on [url=http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/BMW+8+SERIES/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-62-206-4294965124-4294967202/search.action]autotrader[/url] and pistonheads

if anyone has any suggestions regarding the ad, let me know.

now the wait...

cheers T

I'll be back to the E31's, I promise! give it a couple of years or so to let things settle in :)

I've kept a box full of E31 stuff in the loft, including the screen fabrication. I'll resurrect it one day!

for anyone reading this, the flywheel in gerry's pictures is not mine! just a coincidence that he happened to be repairing mine too.

thanks for the comments guys. they're much appreciated.

The brakes revamp, new wheels new high spec tires, and the number plate mount up to around £4k! Then as you mention arnie there are the:

shock/springs upgrades
    body kit (mirrors and front/rear bumpers that are sought after)
    rear wheel steering (not easily possible to upgrade to this)
    oil diff cooler (I know it needs work - but hard to come by also!)

But Steve's point about the untrained eye stands, and that fuel prices are high gives the car less of a market.

So I think in the advert, I'll highlight the CSi features, and price it at £11,950 (the good old 99p trick) as I'd like to price it to sell.

I won't be advertising anywhere prior to the clutch change anyway, so the offer here now stands at £11,950. Should anyone be, or know anyone that is interested. (I'll revise the price in this thread)

I'm also considering a part exchange with an E46 330Ci Convertible, since piston heads have that feature.

Thanks guys. Any other comments re pricing would be appreciated.

haha!

she doesn't even want me to sell it! crazy eh? (brainwash speak)

no really, so many costs in setting up life, furnishing, etc and it's all a bit of a squeeze now, with lenders not really giving credit.

Need another car that she can drive also. v12 manual for someone that doesn't quite know English law yet is ever so slightly overpowered. I'm very sorry to be honest as I do love this car. I'm sure later I'll buy another E31. I've always wanted a project car and the E31 it is. But till then, it's for sale :(

What do you think of the price btw? honest opinions! I've not put this on Autotrader / Piston Heads yet, and if I don't get response from here, I want to price it to sell when I do.

thanks guys.

I did finish it, and it worked! Was heartbreaking taking it all out again. I'll probably sell that too at some point, since I can make another the next time I do a project.

+1 on the Halfords spray, iIve done the same before on a E36 coupe

word of advice, apply very little, or you'll always see some residue build up with dirt on the top of the window. spray onto a cloth, then apply until it stops sticking.

Well, my priorities in life have changed and my car is now for sale. I thought I could afford to keep her and get on with my life, but now that I'm getting married, I've decided to get a litte smarter with my money... for the time being. Perhaps when grow up a bit, I'll buy another E31 :)

So... here are some pics first of all, these are the most recent:

I payed £££ revamping the brakes, which was a full monty job done by Phoenix Motorsports. The callipers were sandblasted, had the seals replaced, then poweder coated followed by ///M decorating. Some new original OEM discs were drilled and zinc plated, and finally some stainless steel braided lines. The brake system was entirely revamped.

I wanted to ///M the interior, so I started with this, and I've also placed a couple of ///M tabs on the rear seats. I'll take some pics when I get the chance to.

I still have the original Throwing Star Wheels, and they can be negotiated to be included in the sale, should someone want to use them for winter tires.

The Blurb

Chassis Number: CC88006

The car has done 123,000 miles.

I bought this car, with the mind to restore it to 100%. The idea was to do it by revamping an entire system at a time.

The temprature played up at first so I changed the radiator and it's has since then behaved without a glitch.

There was a brake/steering fluid leak which was due to a faulty pipe. This was replaced and has been fine since.

I had all the bushes, arms, links, rods, and wotnots replaced. The whole front end was rebuilt. The idea was, get the car stable on its feet, then address the next part.

I revamped (or Phoenix revamped) the brakes system. Whilst this was excellent, it highlighted some weaker parts in system. The front end rebuild was not 100%, so some more work was done there by Phoenix. There's still a small wobble that happens around 55mph and 20mph. Phoenix have kindly offered to look at this again, as part of the previous work what was done in case it's related and therefore under gaurentee. This will be done when I change the clutch (read below about clutch). I still have a set of brake pads to go all around, as I bought them but found the current ones to still have life in them (these need to be picked up from Godstone in Surrey - I can arrange that)

Then came the wheels. The 19" M-parallel wheels are quite a sight on the car with the extreme lip on the rear. They sit extremely nicely both on the back and front, and they are a very rare set to find. They are brand spanking new, have only been on there a few months, and have very wide 285 rears and 245 front. They are not any old tire either, they are Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3. Not cheap at around £400 a pop!

Next up on my restoration plan was the transmision and drive train. The drive shaft needs a little work (about £200's worth to balance it and tighten it up, but I've stopped here as I mentioned, as my priorities have changed.

I also wanted to remove the cats and gut out the exhaust... but never got around to doing it.

I've currently got a slipping clutch (was still on the original from 1993!) so I'll be replacing that prior to selling, however if someone's interested and would like to buy before I replace the clutch (perhaps they want to put a higher rating one like the ones from Phoenix) then I'll gladly cut the replacement cost of the original out of the price.

The body work is in fantastic condition with no major dents or scratches. There's a very small dent on the boot, which looks like something sharp dropped on it at some point. This is hardly visible.

The car has MOT (another 8 months or so) and road tax is valid till the end of this month.

The private SSN 850 plate is included in the sale.

The interior is in great condition, except for the scratches on the sides of the passenger and driver seats (as shown in the pics above)

The OBC is immaculate and has no dead pixels. There is however a dodgy light bulb in there somewhere (those tiny ones) that needs a good old tap to light up every now and then!

The car comes with the diversiety antenna, which was part of the highest end BMW RDS Pro system or similar. There's also the original BMW Amp in the rear (this is either an Alpine or a Blaupunkt - dont' recall) and CD changer.
    (For those that know about the carpc, I've removed it and put the original equipment back in. There's a fault with the radio I've just discovered, but I'm sure I'll get to the bottom of that fairly soon.)

The price
    is £11,950 ono (I've spent way way way more than that on this car, but that's just the way life goes eh?!)

Optional throwing stars not included but can be negotiated

Contant Info
    For a chat: 07917 709108
    or: sam@hatoum.net