Beiträge von 8Tech

Hello Martin, the RHD wiper arrangement is completely different to the LHD. That little strut uses a plastic nut on the top of the stud so if you can clean the thread at all, it should be fine. M5 is the size with a strange 9mm hex.

It is normal to wear the outside of the front tyres due to insufficient camber on the front. BMW have this set at 0.5 degrees neg which is why the cars understeer, which from a manufacturers point of view is safer than oversteer. You can correct this, improving steering, handling and front tyre wear by installing camberplates. The ideal setting for a road car is 1.6 deg neg.

Replacing the fuel line is not too bad. They go from the fuel filters, along the underside of the car, up behind the NSF wheel arch liner and up behind the engine. The most difficult part is getting the pipes out of the clamps under the car without damaging them. If they all come undone, its a 2 hour job. I have some good used ones here too that were discoloured so I replaced them on my car.

8Tech.

I have just prepped a 1994 CSi for an overseas customer who is doing a 2 week motoring holiday in Europe before selling it.

This RHD car is in extremely good condition in Oxford Green on black full leather with all systems working fully. Car is faultless.

It is fitted with brand new Bilsteins all round plus a full compliment of urethane bushes. 75,000m with full BMW history to 2007 then full PhoenixMotorsport history from 2007 to 2013.

Full stainless exhaust. Unmarked paintwork, monor scuffing to drivers seat bolster and minimal corrosion on throwing stars.

This is NOT a cheap car, it is a proper car and probably the 3rd best we have ever seen after Peter Rices and Steve in Irelands that both sold recently.

PM me for a full set of pics and further details if interested.

8Tech.

Correct, this is Peter Rice's old CSi and is now owned by another Peter who also owns a Concours 840Ci. The cars are maintained here at Phoenix and the CSi was last here in August 2012 and is due back next month for its annual service.

Apart from PIAA bulbs which replaced the retrofitted HID's, the car is absolutely stock and as good mechanically as it is cosmetically. The car has recently benefitted from 4 brand new wheels, not refurbs and our rear strut reinforcements, I even gave him my original BMW keyfob from my CSi as I have some minor mods to my car and am not really into the Concours thing anyway.

Overall, one of the best cars in the UK, and owned by a really nice chap who deserves it.

I have not used them but someone in London is buying up all the used, non functioning displays so someone is repairing them.

I sent 2 to this crowd....BBA Remanufacturing.....and got a bill for £60.00 for telling me they could not repair 2 I had.

I wouldn't know. I have never gone from the amber "your service is now overdue" light to the red "you are now damaging your engine" light.

I cannot afford a new engine so I do the service whilst there is still 1 green lamp on.

+1 on Timm's reply.

The tyres will make tramlining more prominant and incorrect alignment will make the steering dive into corners or lose self centering.

Your 19" wheels will only make this a whole degree worse with less sidewall flex.

Thats because US CSi's do not have 4-pot calipers. I only know of 3 manufacturers for Euro CSi pads and none of them offer ceramic.

Correct, the inside of that lower alloy arm is a spherical balljoint and NOT a bush. That end is NOT replaceable and would in the event of failure, require a replacement arm. You should be able to rotate the arm around that point freely but as per my earlier post, have NO movement of the arm towards the middle and outside of the car, ie pushing and pulling directly on the 6 o'clock position of the roadwheel.

Zitat von Jin;110884

Enough fuel pressure for the twin turbo's I believe...

Close! Enough fuel DELIVERY for the Supercharger. Using fuel pressure alone to increase fuelling will quickly run the fuel pressures required in excess of the pumps capabilities, even with very high duty cycles from the injectors.

It will give me fully adjustable fuel pressure control with the supercharger, using boost pressure and vacuum to regulate fuelling. There is no facility within the stock ECU for positive pressure sensing mixture adjustment, only vacuum so mapping only is a compromise. Including fuel pressure adjustment into the engine management system allows the ECU to do the fine tuning whilst not taking the injector duty cycle outside its normal operating range.

I actually sell brand new arms pre-fitted with the urethane bushes but this is only for the upper control arms. The lowers have an inner balljoint and not a bush so they SHOULD move in all planes APART from in and out perpendicular to the attachment bolt.

Fitting bushes here would be a significant DOWNgrade.

8Tech.