Beiträge von Revmaster T

Re: The saga continues

Zitat von Phoenix

Okay, found one ignition coil with guts blown out the bottom. Replaced it. Still drivers side cylinder bank no go. Swaped air flow meters. Problem still stayed on drivers side. Check distributor cap and rotor. They were quite badly worn, replaced them. Still no drivers side cylinders. Moving along, switched plugs on the "Motronic" controllers and guess what? The problem is now on the passanger side. Whoopie!!! Now, I've priced one out at Bararia BMW, $1400 ish. Aftermarket same price. Used? About $900.00. Question: Anybody out there agree with my diagnosis and does anybody out there have a spare Motronic controller laying around?

You could take the cover off the ECU and have a look inside. If something is burned you should be able to smell it.
    If you can't find a ECU I have two from my 91. Let me know if you need it.

Thomas

Zitat von Lloyd

On the old blackberry at the moment but not for much longer. I have a note of you number so I may still give you a call?

Hi Llyod I sent Chris a pm if he does not respond by Wednesday this week then the item is yours. I think that's fair .
    Please call me Thursday.

Thanks Thomas

Zitat von Lloyd

Thomas I will be in Brandeton from the 6th but in orlando from tomorrow. If chris has not contacted you by the end of the day I may have to give it a miss. :cry:

Hi Lloyd I have called Chris and left a voice message. Not sure if you got my email in time. I will keep you posted.

Thomas

Yes the panel is still available. It's number 15 on the bottom picture.
    Sorry I don't have the mounting bracket.

Lloyd if Chris doesn't want it you are more then welcome to come by and pick it up.

Thomas

Here is my email: thomas_at_carsandconcepts.com

I have checked these bolts on my car today ( 93 850ci US model ) and it is a normal T30 and it's not a temper proof bolt. I don't know where 8tech gets the idea from that the bolt is tamper proof at least not here in the US .
    Maybe it's a US model verses a Euro model difference here. :roll:

Thomas

Not sure which alarm you have but if it is factory alarm with the part number
    #88 88 1 600 292 on the remote control.
    On these RC there is a small chip inside that comes loose open the RC and secure the chip ( small square piece ) and then try it again.

You could also have a look underneath your dash board find the harness to your ignition switch, look for none stock wire fasteners crimps.
    If that is the case undo the crimps and take the wires from the aftermarket alarm off and recrimp the factory wires by color. Then you should be able to start your car. Keep us posted.

HTH Thomas

Hi guys thanks for the warm welcome and nice compliments. Hopefully I be able to contribute a little to this site as well.

Tall Tony:
    No I have no issues with the ASC. Also my speedometer is spot on I double checked it with a hand held GPS at various speeds up to 130 mph :)
    I bought the wheels a few years ago not cheap but they do hold up real good

Toxic Tone: Thanks for the heads-up I'll do that. I am a technician by trade I have worked on BMW's for the last 20 years . But you just don't know everything so it's good to have some valuable sources to get information.

Thomas

Zitat von BMPuter

Thanks mate (and to everyone else!)

They vary in price. I've seen some on Autotrader for 20-30k euros, and I've seen them in the uk between £10-20k. Have a look at http://www.autoscout24.com and you can do a euro-wide search. It may be posible to import one perhaps (if you want one that badly!).

Thanks for the link. I might just do that and import one :) maybe I do my own european delivery that be great.
    I have been driving the regular 850 for about 10 years now I think I am ready for a change.

Thomas