Beiträge von JOOP121247

Idle rough

Maybe you to have recondition your throttle motors. The best man is Faisal in Laurel. I have the whole procedure from him and can email it to you if you send me your address. My email address is joop@iafrica.com So don't spend all that money first try it out. You can contact Faisal in Laurel looking under members. My car was cured and runs great. Good luck JO hannesburg.

Respray

Very well done,
    I am impressed with your result, this because I want to respray my whole car same colour etc.
    Regards,
    Jo hannesburg

Remote

Hi Drew,
    Have the same model and colour 850i same year. The car is not fitted with infra read control. Best to verify is send a email to BMW Germany with your VIN number. Ask your BMW dealer. Good luck. Do have a 735i same year with remote, so I could not believe the 850i same year came out with no remote. Maybe it was a order option since I am the second ownwer.
    Kind regards,
    JO hannesburg.

To Faisal in Laurel
    My car is running well just now my ASC light is on, after pressing the switsh on the consol it will not go out. Any idea's. Regarding the guy with the cd problem he just has to hand it in to the representative of the make.
    To all your guys happy 2008.
    JO South Africa.

Interceptor

Yes Sir,
    Nice to hear you did visit SA the Cape and coast is best. Did upgrade the 440 engine it just brings 400 Hp. It pulls away with smoking wheelspin.
    For the rest it looks nice. I am not a computer fundy and can't even put my car on the website, one day I manage. May the force be with you, Ilike that because there is no other car than the 8. The more BM's comming out the more they will look at the 8.
    Kind regards,
    JO hannesburg

coil

Hi Faisal in Laurel,
    Car went well she runs a lot smoother, but your info on the trottle rebuild must have done it. I am happy and hope all the 8 owners know about your technical info's.
    Kind regards,
    Jo hannesburg.

Driving

Hey Jason,
    Drive in SA now you will get the best excitement in your live. I am sure you have friends living in SA who can tell you. Just give it a try. Hope your 8 is fine just taking my one out now. By the way do you know th Jensen Interceptor? I have the 3 series 440 CID engine a real kick in the back. Of course old tec but still fun.
    Jo hannesburg a 25 ltr per 100 Km.

Noggie

Sir,
    I live in Johannesburg South Africa in Swiserland the law is strict no fast driving. I did live in Dusseldorf for three years so hence I speak German.
    Did drive BM's my whole live I am 60. Did work for Altana in the pharmaceutical field. And you know the Quant sister own BMW maybe it was faith. My car is going well again I still think it is the best car ever made design, engine, concept it is a outstanding classic. I don't need smoking tires and 0.....100 in 2 seconds. Just need something outstanding and that is the 850. It is like an airoplane!!
    Kind regards.
    Jo van Deijzen joop12147 by the way I have my car for 12 years before I found this forum.
    Johannesburg South Africa have to be fast before we have a cut in electricity again. CIAO to all.

Alles klar

Hi Jason,
    Ja alles 100% Ich habe angst das auto is to computerised. I am better in speaking then writing in German. By the way my best friend lives in Bottighofen. So I spend many holidays at the Bodensee. Of course Switserland is fantastic, if I could move that is the only country in the world I would love to live.
    Thank you for your note.
    Kind regards,
    Jo hannesburg.
    P.s did drive her today was GREAT.

oem parts

I am German speaking as well, Mandlinger also speak english. I found them in the Auto motor sport german magazine. Just compare prices. They supplied to me in South Africa the parts I received like the air boxes and front light tapes were like brand new. BMW South Africa is very exspensive they don't carry stock and you know that parts and accesory's ad 1000% on cost price. My advice always compare prices.
    Regards JO hannesburg joop121247

To Faisal in Laural,
    Fitted new coil you are spot on she runs smooth as my baby, so 100 points for you. Forgot to mention the info on recon trottle motors important was also necessary.
    Kind regards
    JO hannesburg.

OEM parts

Hi there,
    Try Mandlinger BMW Gebrauchtteile
    Pfingstweide 24 61169 Friedberg Germany
    phone 0631 189801
    Hope you speake german?
    They have most 850 BM accident cars in Germany some are smashed in the front some are smashed in the rear. I bought new front including lights and saved a fortune. I am sure they have your parts.
    Regards joop121247.

Just ask Faisal in Laurel,
    He is the best, next I will tell you all about the designer of the awsome 850. Maybe some off you know. I was the manufacturer represensetative off ITT automotive in SA.
    Regards JO and stay with the force.

Coil ignition

Hi Faisal in Laurel,
    Surprise no such coil in South Africa, they have to fly one in from good old Germany. Your tip for the trottle motors was excellent including the pictures. They did need a service and now with the tamper proof screws removed it is so much easyer. BMW SA quoted me US 1714.28 dollars that is just for one. How about that. I hope by Friday 7 12 2007 it will be here. The price is in US 171.43.
    Kind regards,
    JO hannesburg

Right hand bank no power

Hi Faisal in Laurel,
    Did follow your advice and found the problem coil was not working. Did tell you, once I had a problem engine cut out at 120 Km/h. Stop at the roadside re-start and was ok. However at 120 the engine would cut out. Car went to BMW dealer who could not figure this out. It went to Bosch SA since the electrics are Bosch. My car was there for one week and they found the problem, guess a coil was fautlty. Since then the car went OK. Until now I found the coil they replaced is faulty, it was not a OE part but something made in Slovenia. So now I nominate you to be the President of the E31 owners club thank you for you good advice and saving me fortunes.
    Kind regards,
    Jo van Deijzen Johannesburg South Africa.

Trans fail error

Hi Faisal in Laurel,
    After fitting the new batteries the trans fail error did not show up anymore.
    It is now Saterday morning and the sun is shinning. Will work the whole day on the 8 keep your posted. Thank's again for your info as soon I am finished with the test will send you the data.
    Kind regards JO hannesburg

no power right hand bank

Hi Faisal in Laural.
    Will follow your advice including the test tomorrow and give all the feedback. Did get disponded hoping that new batteries would do the trick.
    You know the motor trottle I tested on the bench works well and is very smooth. Let me come back tomorrow when I feel motivated and tackle the issue. Thank's for the info and keeping me on track.
    JO hannesburg joop121247

Right hand no power

Thank you for comming back, the left side is showing white smoke I know the right side is not operating. Follow your advice. Did test the MAF on the bench and it works A 1. Did fit new batteries. Question could ignition be faulty on one side? Remember I live in dark Africa so don't erase me!
    Kind regards and thank you for helping me.
    JO Hannesburg.

To Faisal in Laurel,
    Did fit new batteries my fail safe prog is not displaying anymore. The car still runs on limp mode did take of the right trottle body again. Did test it on the bench and it works perfect, opens and closes smoothly. Were from here? Will check the right hand distributor, maybe I am lucky to allocate the fault otherwise I am lost. Maybe you can give me some more ideas.
    Can not go here to BMW they have no clue. OK now you know I am frustrated the car was always perfect.
    Regards,
    Jo hannesburg joop121247.