Beiträge von Job38

That's my old car - that just breaks my heart!

What's worse is the rear wings were re-sprayed as there was minor rust around the wheel arches.

It was then treated to clay bar, Zymol HD Cleanse with a Porter Cable polisher and four coats of Dodo Juice Supernatural !!!!

25mpg perfectly achievable at UK motor way speed.

17mpg around town.

Recently at Bruntingthorpe, David, (presume is a member here) who has a CSi and an 840 confirmed what I've long suspected that a CSi is slightly more economical. Not bad for a 20 year old 5.6L lump. All down to auto v/s manual of course. :top:

Zitat von Seb;68832

Hello chaps, things are slowly coming together for the highly anticipated anniversary feature but I have one problem that needs your help. Basically, our CSi owner, Keith, who has taken over ownership of Paul's green machine only has a provisional license right now as he's moved over from the States and needs someone else in the car with him. He's in Clapham Junction so is there anyone not too far from there who'd like to ride shotgun and come along for the shoot? It's going to be on Monday 21st and it's going to be a fairly early start but it should be a great day. Give me a shout if you can help, thanks.

Go on, rub it in why don't you!

(Paul, ex. CSi owner)

And that is why God created.......................................The CSi :driver:

Another 8 - perhaps, but it would have to be a CSi.
    Z1 - love them but big money now and mechanically not that special.
    Z8 - now you're talking, however you should have bought a few years back!
    Other - the only BMW I'd consider would be a Z4M Coupe.
    Other make - would have to be a 911, no contest!

Guys, I figured I’d start here first as you lot, above all others, appreciate the value of these remarkable and rare cars.

It took me nearly a year to find this particular car, I’d desperately love to keep it but other cars and various projects requiring finance means something has to give....

The car is in OUTSTANDING condition. Full BMW service history. 69,000 miles. Oxford Green metallic, black leather.

Additional work by Gerry at Phoenix Motorsports includes: reinforced rear suspension mounts; polyurethane front thrust arm bushes; new BMW CSi M Power disks and pads; custom rear silencers; recent full KDS II geometry check.

The car is described by Simon at Phoenix as: “The best CSi I’ve seen - apart from Gerry’s of course!” Please feel free to contact Gerry for an honest report.

Before I advertise the car I was hoping that one of you hardcore enthusiasts might be interested in one of the better 153 CSis in the UK....

Was collecting my car from Phoenix Motorsports this morning (in for a full KDS II to check geometry after fitting front poly thrust arm bushes). On the road to the M3 was followed by a lovely black 8. It looked AMAZING ;) in my rear view mirror - any of you guys, or anyone know the car? :winkwink:

Yup, part of the design criteria of the 'Throwing Stars' was to draw cold air onto the brakes, allegedly...............(or so I re-read in a road test from 'Fast Lane', June 1993).

If the consensus is that it's underpriced, what value do we think it should be?

OK, some ale got me dreaming of the perfect 8.
    This may have been done before, so apologies if it has.
    So, here's my starter for ten:

It would have to be a CSi with four valves per cylinder (mad I know, but we are in an ideal world here, and I'd prefer it over forced induction). Light weight as far as possible, even more flared arches, E30 M3 style, light seats, carbon/Ali panels. Alpina hood, 18" Alpina wheels. Side exit exhausts, rear diffuser, in place of existing. Colour - tricky. I'd like to say white, but I don't like the contrast with all the period black trim, so, how about Phenox yellow or Sepamg bronze?