Beiträge von keenan

Hi Richard,
    I just tried to reply to your PM there however got a message to advise that you're not set up to receive same? If you let me know, I can send you on the PM.

Thanks,
    Alan

Hi guys,

Following the recent sale of my beloved, I have a few things that I have no use for now. Pics below.
    2 x pollen/air filters - brand new and unopened - (NOW SOLD)
    Touch up paint and lacquer - orient blue
    4 x new BMW roundels for alloys wheels - brand new with blue sticky tape on front of each
    2 x plastic wire loom cover (??) for engine bay
    3 x plastic inserts for engine housing
    1 x hose pipe for section of the front light washer system and clamps with same. Also, that white t-bar looking plastic thingy is part of that system!!!
    An ECU - I think it's bust however - I got it with the car 4 years ago and assume it was one that was replaced!

As a brucey bonus, a box of BMW matches with purple tips!!!! (that should be the clincher)!!!!

If anyone wants anything, let me know - if someone wanted the lot, then that would make life a little easier for me to send it all in one package.

To be honest, I don't really have an idea on price! I know the pollen filters can be pricey but everything else, I really can't remember. If anyone wants to suggest, please do.

Thanks guys
    Alan

P.S. I can't help but come back to this site for a glimpse of what I let go!!! Another 840 in the future perhaps!

It does appear that he flipped it very quickly indeed but I shall not dwell! He did spin me some yarn about wanting one for some time and planned to do it up.....but hey, such is life! I'm sure he made an easy few squid judging by how quickly he sold. Ah well.

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::motz::stoned::stoned::stoned::stoned::stoned::stoned::stoned::stoned::stoned::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit:

These icons should answer the question of "is it this car?" - yes.....yes indeed it is. Quick turnaround indeed and I do wish I had not seen this but I shall not dwell otherwise these icons will very much apply to my real life!!!!
    It is a smasher - good pics, and he's set to make a profit, that's for sure.
    Say no more.................

Thanks guys - I'm still rather upset at the loss but times a healer an' all!!
    As for whats next - there are so many I'd love!, but gotta be somewhat sensible. I do like them VW Passat CC's - might be an option! It has to have four doors however - boooooo!!!

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've been on the site and even longer since I've posted. Various reasons needless to say.

Anyway, I toyed with the idea of selling my 840 last year but in the end, just couldn't bring myself to part with it. I got that same idea this year and as of today, am without my baby! I've had the car, just shy of 4 years after bringing it over from the UK to the sunny climes of Ireland!

A guy from Northern Ireland came down and bought it off me today. He had a trailer to bring it back with him and after speaking to him, and while holding back the tears, I felt comforted by the fact that it's going to be housed with a number of other special sports cars. He plans to bring it back to it's absolute best and seems to be a very capable guy. I'd love to have kept it but no garage. Time to move on I guess but nothing will ever compare.

Many thanks to everyone on the site for their help and advice over the years - it's been a real joy and I plan to stick around to get my 8'er fix. I sold it, in the end for EUR4300 (£3500) in the end which I think is a bit of a give away but successfully selling a big engined, petrol car here in Ireland at the moment, is an achievement in itself.

Thanks again folks and I wish you all further good times in your respective 8's. :top:

8tech - you're a genuis really! :devilchilli:
    I was reading another post of yours the other day and to be honest, I was a bit lost but most impressed! Your work is always top notch and your reports are even better. Keep up the good work.

Hi Sparkles - for what it's worth, I would encourage you to get both wiring looms (each side of the boot lid) replaced asap. As mentioned above, with all the opening and closing over the years, the wires appear to break inside the insulation and it leads to problems. Unfortunately for me, it lead to a mini-fire it seems on the fuse box at the back, in the area over the passenger side rear wheel! Not the most welcome of sights! I don't now anything about electrics but it was deemed that this was the issue and both sides were since replaced. My full beams (when pop ups are in down position) and lights inside the boot are not working but sure say no more - pain in the ....

Anyway, as said, avoid any possible issues and get them looked at and replaced without delay! Best of luck. :top:

What a smashing post Reinhard - great read, some excellent pics there and really makes me feel apart of a wonderful genre and era! Beautiful!

Zitat von Timm;91557

That looks a bit after-market to me, certainly nothing I recognise

That's good to hear. It does seem that the car did have a set up for a mobile phone at one point - there is a 2nd aerial on top of the back windscreen and I can see a few small holes where a mobile phone holder was possibly screwed into the middle section of the cockpit - just before the cigarette lighter box area.

@ wooke - thanks for reply and diagram. However, I'm not gifted in the electronics area! As per "check if 12V are coming to the connector for that wiring loom #1" - I can see #1 on the diagram however how do I go about checking if 12V is going to the connector? I'll see if I can get someone who knows electrics to have a peek. Thanks guys.

Well, I would agree with the bicycle aerosol Timm - I've actually used it a number of times thus far - this evening, being the most recent and probably 5th or 6th renewal!!!! It just seems to dry out - I don't mind so much at the moment, not too much rain but rainy season will happen again in the not too distant future so I think I'll go for the engine oil job myself to ensure that it keeps the joints etc properly lubed

Thanks for the speedy reply Timm - I'll check that out first thing - it's not the end of the world but ya know how it is - nice when everything is working as it should!

P.S. I put in new micro/cabin filters today - not even sure if the last ones had EVER been changed.......it was literally, a breath of fresh air getting into the car! I couldn't get over the amount of air actually flowing into the car and the temperates were more accurate than normal. I did get a bit of a smell of oil however Timm.............but that's because I was working the can of bicylce chain grease spray overtime on the window wiper mechanisms and motor....as per one of your previous tips!!! :top: Wipers working swimingly which is brill.
    I'll come back with an update re lights....thanks again.

Hi guys,

Was going to start a new thread but decided to keep this one going as I think my current issue is most likely due to that g*d damned frazzled fuse box!! Anyway, ignoring the issues "after" the event (i.e. mechanic handing car back to me minus alot of parts, cracked paint etc - still chasing him!), I noted recently that while stopping to let some old dear out and into traffic, I was frantically "flashing" my full lights (pop up lights were down at this time) and supergran didn't budge until I waved my hand at her. Of course, I simply thought that her eye-sight was failing her! Anyway, I checked my full beams and I have a problem. The fulls on the pop-lights work fine however the ones below - beside the idicators and park light - are not working on either side.
    Today, I took out the passenger side light fitting and inserted a new bulb - no joy however. I also noted, in the boot, the bulbs either side of the bootlid i.e. kinda behind the main lights, if ya get me? and also the light that is underneath, as such, and beside the back window break light bulb entry point!!!!! - anyway, those 3 in the back are not working either - I changed all bulbs for new ones but no joy.

Any ideas guys? I'm sorry for rambling - it's a tendancy......:oops:
    Possibly a fuse(s)? I did note, after the "fix up" on the fuse box that there is a stray wire there that looks like it wasn't there before.
    I'll get pics up in the morning at some point. Any ideas, most welcome. Cheers everyone

Congrats - 20 months you say ....... geez, that's some serious work right there; very admirable it must be said. Very well done. Car looks great. Once home with it's new Daddy, you might post up a few more pics - be great to see some in and out shots. Well done again and best wishes for your future together! :winkwink:

Hi guys, I'm afraid I have absolutely zero to contribute to this thread other than to confirm that what I have just read, is complete double-dutch to me!! Sounds great though!!!! ;)

Thanks 8tech - I shall get the dyson on stand-by so!!! It's long overdue really so seeing as the 8 may be staying with me longer than initially anticipated, it may well become an annual event! :winkwink:

Cheers for the clarification guys - much appreciated. I will let you know what I get over the weekend.

Arnie - I had "googled" about washing the filters. I had thought about it but then thought, new ones will certainly do no harm and as said, I would hazard a guess that they haven't been changed for quite some years...if ever!!! I'm sure my 8 series will appreciate the change......and further funds being heaped upon her! Such is in keeping with her lifestyle of course!!!

Update - I've orderd them in regardless as I just want to change the filters (which look as though they've never been changed!).

Anyway, spoke to some lady in BMW parts - gave her the part number and asked if they came in a pair? She said no so I had to order two - including VAT, it was about EUR43 for one. I quizzed her on this as, as per this link (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/sho…=64_0639&hg=64&fg=99&hl=4),
    it states, quantity 2 - does that not mean that you get two, as per 8tech, when you order? I'm sure I'll find out when I go to pick them up on Friday or Saturday. Cheers