Beiträge von Hannesl

Change gearbox fluid

Yupp, I changed all fluids, including the gearbox fluid when bought mine a year and a half ago.

Planning on doing a change before the summer season next year, since one change does not completely drain all the fluid in the box.

I've heard you're supposed to change at least three times in order for most of the old fluid to get out.

Edit: Mine is a 1991 and has probably not "lifetime" fluids.

/Hannes - from a cold and rainy Sweden

What's the status?

Noggie, what's the status of your car now? Was is the head gasket?

I myself is having lots of heating related problem. Have changed termostat and one busted cooler this far. Now I think the problem is due to my hanged watervalves and the ruined auxillary waterpump which sits just under the watervalves.

If you need a new cooler, I really recommed the one I bought. Not BMW Original (which I use for everything else) but one in stainless steel instead of aluminiom and plastic.

I bought from this guy in Southern Sweden, perhaps there's an retailer closer to you: http://www.malmobilkyl.se/

Have ordered new watervalves and aux. pump, but now I don't know how to rinse the system properly before I put everything back.

The water in the tap where I have my car is very hard (lots of Calcium that is), so I don't want to put that in my cooling system. But I have no idea how to get huge amounts of de-ionized water thru there.

Anyone have any ideas for rinsing the cooling cirquit?

/Hannes

At least one series of these plates have been manufactured incorrectly. I replaced my rear top rubber mounts with brand new OEM stuff, but I got a squeeking sound that only disappeared when I dismantled the plates and widened the center holes.

Now I'm on a quest to find the source of other different rattles, squeeks and quirks. =)

Happy 8-day everybody!

My wife is driving mine today.... She works until tomorrow morning... If you're in the Lund, Sweden region, pick me up and take me for a ride!

Remeber to take pictures if you are two or more E31 at the same location. Perhaps we could set some kind of record =)

/Hannes

08/08/08 is upon us in one day! I have a faint memory of a site dedicated to an E31-meet on 2008-08-08, but can't seem to remember the address.

I think the idea was to set a record for amount of meetings worldwide at the same time.

Does anyone have anything planned? Do you know the address I'm looking for?
    /Hannes

Could it be bushing in rear shock tower?

Just a thought,

I had a quite loud squeek from what sounded like the parcel shelf. This turned out to be worn bushings in the rear shock tower.

If that problem is left unrepaired, the shock absorber could end up going through the side of the car, ruining it completely.

Perhaps and probably not the problem you have, but check it out to be sure.

And yes, be careful with the covering column on the c-pilar.

My tabs are broken and I can't find a replacement (light grey) anywhere. Any ideas?

Hej alla!

Jag och Asken (från Autopower.se) har pratat om att ha en träff i Sveriges mitt i september. (tja, om man räknar folkmängdsmässigt, så tror jag att det bor ungefär lika många personer norr om som söder om Jönköping.)

Vi tänker oss ett arrangemang från fredag - söndag med övernattning på trevlig Bed & Breakfast.

Intresserad? Hör av dig med vilka helger som passar dig i september.

/Hannes

Hannes från Lund, Sverige!

Hej på er!

Kul att se ett antal Skandinavier här på 8er.org!

Hannes här, från Lund i södra Sverige. Kommer vara aktiv här på forumet, framförallt de Svenska (Skandinaviska) delarna.

Noggie, vi saknade dig på träffen i juni. Hoppas du hade det bra i Sibirien. Ville verkligen se dina feta fälgar... Fick hålla till godo med Fabrice M6-fälgar och det var inte fy skam.

Tänk på att ni hittar bilder från träffen på: http://e31june2008.hanneslindbeck.se

Kommer fler så fort Holländarna har samlat ihop och skickat upp en DVD med deras bilder.

Hur många ska till BMW-träffen på Knutstorp i helgen, dvs lördag 2008-08-02 - söndag 2008-08-03?

Jag ska dit åtminstone imorgon.

/Hannes

Hej alla,

Då verkar sammanslagningen av clube31.org och 8er.ch vara klar. Verkar lovande det här tycker jag.

Hur gillar ni den nya siten?

/Hannes

ASC light - fixed it?

Hello Smudge2031!

I have the exact same problem as you with the ASC-light. Not usre if my ABS is broken though, haven't pushed it that hard...

Did you read the fault codes and did you find the problem?

/Hannes

Before I started with my removal and repair, I downloaded a tutorial for a 7-series car. Took me some time to work out that a lot of things differ from the E31 to the E32.

My tutorial would be a remake of this one, but it now seems as someone beat me to it.

Good luck Dave! Let me know if you have any specific questions.

/Hannes

I've recently done it

Hello Panteradave!

I recently got a new wheel for my sun screen, so I'm quite familiar with the dismantling of it.

I'm at work now and do not have the time to write the process down here. But If you contact me perhaps I could call you and explain, or I could finish the tutorial that I've started working on...

I'll memo you my contact info and we'll take it from there.

/Hannes

Gurgling sound?

Is it a gurgling sound? Because that's what I have... My aircon is not working any more and neither is the auxillary fan. But I think I've had the gurgling sound all the time and back then the AC worked.

I think I've read something about the heater solenoids that was linked to heater always on and a gurgling sound.

[edit:] found the link! go here: http://www.e31faq.com/Default.aspx?catId=93 click on "64 - Climate (3)" and then on "Heater is on all the time! What's wrong?"

I'll let you know if I have a problem with the solenoids and if it stops my gurgling... =)

/Hannes
    ps. remeber the meet in Sweden 26-30 June!

Thanks!

That's also exactly my problem. I'll get a hold of my soldering buddy and have him fix it for me!

Thanks for the tip!

Now the Front Fog lights have started to acting up also, I guess there could be a similar problem...

/Hannes

ASC lamp blinks 17 times...

Thanks TerryY for the ASC self test tip.

I have one question though: When I try it I get 17 blinks... I have tried several times in order for me to be able to find a pause in the blinks, but I can't.

Any tips TerryY on how to find the pause or what my 17 blinks means? How long is the pause? Significantly longer than the pause between every blink?

Sincerely
    Hannes Lindbeck

24-30 juni

Hej!

Träffen är en ren E31 träff i Helsingborgstrakten i södra Sverige. Den kommer att äga tum runt den 24-30 juni i år.

Mer info kommer snart.