Beiträge von KMS

i got the 8 back from the shop today thinking all is well. the mechanic said he had to change the radiator. ok fine, i left, got stuck in traffic, a/c on, and immediately overheated again!!!!!! called him, he said to add water. did that and the same thing happened again! what else could it be! i paid so much for that part already!
    by the way i installed wooke's front suspension bearing arms. the car is so much more responsive especially at high speeds. great update really. i also had a slight wobble at 80kph, ist gone. but the ride has suffered drastically. very rough on bad roads, very!

i took ur advice tim and changed the radiator cap. the car still overheated, but this time the radiator hose was so hard and hot i thought it was going to burst!
    i got stuck in heavy traffic, turned off the a/c and started reving the car between 1500 and 2500 rpm. up and down. it did the job of bringing the needle back to the middle, but traffic was relentless so that didnt work anymore and the car went into limp mode. i had white blueish smoke coming out from the left side exhaust. parked to the right shoulder and deareated the system just a bit, waited half an hour then straight to the mechanic.
    lets hope i didint damage anything with my recklessness:banghead:

hi guys,
    sorry for going off grid, i bought a new business and put a hefty amount of hard earned cash into it, so ive been scared sh!tless and working hard for the last 2 weeks.
    anyways... really i should call u guys the best investigators!!!! i leave u a bit and u find out exactly which model radio i installed! if i hadnt mentioned the bumper spray im sure u would have found that out too:top:

txgr8white u got the hardware spot on, but the software is not the same. i dont have blue colors and cant change the color.i guess another version.

notice the chrome rings on the control nobs, i removed them and sprayed them black to match, along with any other white writings.
    and yes 'mgas' it does read dvd's .

as for items used i just got the unit and a rear cam with built in led light and that was it. the rest was all about cutting and wiring and fitting.
    more than happy to help with any details, i would love to c it done on some of ur cars, in fact it would be an honor to c my work approved by u guys.

its an aftermarket compatible unit for the e90 3 series x1 and 5 series. and a brilliantly manufactured one at that! ill get the name once i find the catalog. the name is so hard to memorize! i added a photo (to the photo bucket) of the rear cam in action;-) i will add another of the navi tom!

Steve now that got me thinking:hmmmm: and laughing :laugh:at the same time!!!!
    but those round tire like controls on the a/c looked outdated when placed underneath the screen, so it was decided to weld 25 individual wires and make them longer to reach the new position further back!!! very time consuming:sad:

yup its as simple as that. bumper spray!!!!! 95% the same texture and in time it will smooth out to become exactly the same feel!
    notice the part around the gear lever it hasnt been painted and the ashtray cover as well. they blend in perfectly.

im so glad u guys liked the upgrade! to be honest in the back of my head every step i took i was wondering whether u guys would approve or not. after all part of the 8 ownership is the involvement in this 8 community, for me at least!

Steve, true true the minute my daughter sat in the passenger seat she turned off the a/c by mistake with her tinny elbow! plus i found the smoothest way to access the unit is with my left hand, not the right. considering mine is an LHD. but i opted for this decision because i needed more familiar orange lighting in the radio console. the a/c unit has green lights which made me feel in a jap car!!!!

Revtor the process went like this: cutting, sanding, fiberglass application(to weld, join and smooth pieces), sanding, then the magic u have been waiting for, black bumper spray:)! it has the texture of the original plastic and the same color

hi all,
    i have just completed my audio project:) it was expensive but at the end im pleased and i feel that i transported our 8 to the next century!
    it all started with me stuck in traffic like usual day in day out! i felt really bored with the interior of the car. after 8 years of the same look i suddenly took the decision to go all out and fulfill a fantasy!
    simply put i dreamed of a screen instead of that old age radio unit. did some research, took some measurements, counted my money and 3 days later this is what i humbly managed.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kms635/sets/72157634480916697/
    audio unit options include: radio.cd. tv. navi. rear reverse cam. led lights in the rear number plate lamps. Bluetooth. touch screen. ipod connectivity. it can read, control and upload onto main screen all ur phone(android) and ipod files. it can recharge the ipod which sits in the lower glove compartment.
    a/c unit is under the arm rest and i installed the arm rest which i purchased long ago!
    tell me what u think;-)

forgot to tell u i have a v12 m70. checked the water level im not missing any liquid. i also have antifreeze.
    sorry i didnt understand the meaning of "deaerate" ?! but i think u mean to deflate the air that might be in the cooling system right? if that im ok there is no pressure inside because the hose coming out of the radiator is not hard even when overheating.
    if it was the water pump i would loose some water slowly and it would make a grinding sound but its ok!

hi guys,
    wonder if anyone could diagnose this problem?! every time i stay over 200kph the car over heats. it never used to do that and i do punsh her hard! plus when a/c is on and im stuck in heavy trafic it overheats as well. then i have to slow down drastically or rev the engine in neutral respectively. small electric fan is working two speeds and the clutch fan pushes out a strong amount of air as well. any fix it myself tips because going to the mechanic this month is out of budget since im installing a new touch screen unit which set me back 2k.
    thanks for any help

no no no, u got it all wrong guys!!!
    its an African tribal dance ceremony they belong to:laugh:.
    and the new 3 series is the United Colors of Beneton creation!
    they are a disgrace compared to the 70's art cars like the M1 and the CSL Bat mobiles!

oh oh and i forgot to ask, from where should i get the cams from and how much should i expect to pay? thankssssss again.

ok from what i gathered, i will install cam shafts and time my 0-100. if im under 7 seconds i will go with the manual conversion, but if not i dont think its worth.
    thanks guys.

unfortunately we dont have such expertise in my country. the above mentioned conversions are tough enough! i dont want to get into lean or rich mixture problems........ i see it as a dark tunnel

keep it together noggie, ours cars tend to test us to the limit. and honestly we ask so much of a 20 year old!!!! and i know u can handle it because u really love the 8, plus u invested so much in it already. 2012 could be trouble free after this fix:top:

i wish i could pep talk myself like that:laugh:

i have a blunt question to ask u guys!!?
    my car, m70 auto, installed m5 diff and wokke chips.(plus full paint job to make it more aerodynamic:harhar:). if i continue with manual gear box and cam shafts what will my 0 to 100 time be?:hmmmm: could i reach 6 seconds flat u think:dontknow: is it worth splashing that more dough?

so if i take off the tires are the sensors easily accessible? maybe i could spray them with some WD 40 or wipe them up with something.
    WHAT?:ahhhhh: did i say something wrong, i mean dont get me started on the pentosin thingy:hmmmm:. all joking aside im hands on now, i dont want THEM to come near my precious anymore:help:

here is something for you to think about guys.
    the ASC light comes on sometimes at speeds between 100kms to 120kms. it cuts power for a second then all ok. plus when i reach 155kms the car always hesitates till it passes 160kms. its as if the fuel is dirty and its trying to spit the dirt out. once past 160kms its a bomb shell again. ps: if i turn the ASC off all problems dissolve. checked it on the modic and nothing showed. :hmmmm:

thanks Steve:top: i just finished checking the wires, they were barely holding on. once i pulled on the wires a bit two broke off. the low and high beam. all fixed now:)