Beiträge von KMS

anyone has a similar problem please give me some advice. my seat belt keeps pressing on my shoulder and kind of chockes me after a while. i keep pulling at it furiously:motz: hoping it would give some slack:dontknow: but it pulls back after a few corners.

batteries

Hi Egil,
    i usually dont stretch it to more than three weeks, because once the batteries drain you will not get the best of them anymore, and with all your added gizmos four weeks is pushing it. i run 85 amps varta.
    by the way how is ur M3 experience!!! great i hope:top:

Wonderful experience:)
    I just came back from a 2 hour drive (back and forth) to the country side with the wife. On the return trip she dosed off, so I decided to spend some serious 98octaine and slammed it for 8minutes flat at 250km/h! It was smooth, effortless, seriene and so utterly delicious. Now I know what a continent crusher means and I have a new profound respect for this 850 v12 beast of the 90’s! funny thing, when we reached the house my wife said “we're early!”:devilchilli:, poor thing didnt even know what hit here.
    Love this car so much i think i need therapy:hmmmm:

Learning processes

In both cases I did restart the car many times hopping that the fault would go away, alas!

Both learning processes are available in the TIS (technical instruction system) under the file name (repair instructions), from BMW. They are the learning processes for the throttle body and the gear box.

when a fault occurs from the MAF it is registered on the engine computer (DME), which will send a signal through the Canbus data to the gear box computer (EGS), in turn registering the fault (cantorque). this will show the message: Trans fail prog.
    cheers mate.

Maybe some of u know what I’m going to talk about, but I felt like sharing my super car experience! I owned a 540 E34, and the Trans fail prog came on. The car went into limp mode; meaning only third gear was available. I called my mechanic and followed his instructions, in order to get home.
    1: turn the ignition to ON the second position.
    2: step on the brake pedal.
    3: shift through the gears from P all the way down to 1, allowing 2 seconds in every gear, then go back up to P, in the same fashion.
    4: lift off the brake and turn the ignition to off. Wait 20 seconds then turn the car on.
    Problem solved, the computer learned the gears again. I was able to get home without stepping out of the car! This will work on all 840’s since it’s the same gear box, but I’m not sure on 850’s. Next day the fault was diagnosed as a faulty air mass meter.
    Actually what prompted me to post was the EML light that came on once I fired up my 850 yesterday morning, only one engine bank was running. So, I called him again! and followed his instructions.
    1: turn the ignition to ON the second position.
    2: foot on the accelerator pedal and start depressing the pedal gradually all the way till u click the kick down switch(about 5 seconds), then start lifting off all the way in same slow gradual movement (about 5 seconds).
    3: turn the ignition off and wait 20 seconds, turn on the car.
    Problem solved, the computer learned the accelerator pedal stages again. The accused; accelerator pedal fumbled up due to old age, eventually needs replacement. Hence I felt we owned super cars fixable in one phone call:top:

635csi

thanks guys, i got lots of help, i already registered to one of the sites u sent me. i just saw a 1985 635csi black on black manual, the owner is asking 5000usd for it. the plan is to use it as a daily driver, because the 850 draws so much attention and im constantly scared some one will bump into me, hence the 6 is less conspicious:cool:, and i can thrash it around with no guilt:harhar:

hi guys,
    i wounder if anyone knows of a club for the E24 6 series, since im planning on buying one and wanted to get a few tips. of course i would rather it be a respectable club just like ours:top:.
    thanks in advance.

hi jimmy,
    sorry couldnt meet till now, my fault! as for the injectors they are from the e 30 3 series 325 or 320 engine, same goes for the e 34, i forgot the engine number m60 maybe. they will cost around 150usd used and they are blue in color. by the way Fathi has the same probblem, so did i !!!!!!

hi Des, i saw the car it looks really nice, although the sterio needs to be changed. dont worry about the price tag, i bought my 1991 850 for 8000usd.(payed 2000usd repairs till now in a 6 month period) and since u have experience with cars all u need to do is drive the thing and it will tell u nearly everthing. 850's r bad at hidding faults. tell us how it drives(sounds, knocks...) and im sure all of us in this forum will disect it for u!!!!!

and as far as real estate goes, i am having a blast here in lebanon. prices just keep on rising like crazy. just an example, i bought my apartment 350m2 for 230,000usd in 2005. now i got offers for 700,000usd. and the same goes for the prices on land, i buy today i sell after a month at 15% profit.

love ur new M3. it looks great. i am planning on buying one, but a manual. although i am worried that i might not want to drive my 8 anymore. how does ur 8 feel after driving such new technology?

talltony,
    there are two (relays) not fuses for the ASC. one in the fuse box under the hood and the other relay is located behind the glove box compartment. u have to remove the glove box and even then its still hidden from eye sight ,u have to reach it by feeling ur way through. and im really sorry i cant remember where the wiring problem occured in my 8, its been a while.

hi there,
    i had my share of problems with the ASC. if the codes showed up when u changed the ABS pump then it the pumps fault. if they were on from the beginig then u can check two relays that are related to the ASC. one is located in the fuse box and the other in the glove box compartment some where. try swaping ones from ur friends 8 its just like changing a fuse. then if that doesnt work, unfortunatly u go to the wiring loom which took me three days to find where the problem occured. the cables didnt show any fault when cold but when hot the fused together!
    good luck

happy 08/08/08/8 day,
    i wish i could have a meet today but 8 owners in lebanon are out of reach, and few! anyway im also going out for a drive! and i think the site 8-Fest.com is doing something today.
    Cheers!

hi guys, i also have to introduce myself, thanks to (moomba) who indirectly encouraged me! im in the process of renewing my 850's entire suspension. im also going to change both air mass meters, two fuel pumps, spark plugs, spark plug coils, aaaand radiator! i will give u guys the exact cost of each item in case some one needs it. plus i want to thank (wayneblackwell1000) for his help regarding the arm rest from the e46 which i bought and am trying to install. pics will be included for sure.