Beiträge von argonaut

This is the kit available from Martin in Switzerland which I bought for my car a few years ago. I've never actually got around to fitting it and it's consequently still in brand new condition, still in the box it was delivered in.
    The kit allows the Nordic version of the light switch to be used (switch included in this bundle). The main part of the kit is the control box developed by "the Twins" in Switzerland.

I really don't have much clue as to what to charge for this, it's so long ago that I really can't remember what I paid for it and I can't find the price any where here on the forum.
    Maybe someone could give me a hint or make me an offer?

Cheers

Now SOLD.
    Thanks

This is the kit available from Martin in Switzerland which I bought for my car a few years ago. I've never actually got around to fitting it and it's consequently still in brand new condition, still in the box it was delivered in.
    The kit vastly improves the illumination of the "Oreo" dials on the control panel so that you can operate with vision rather than Braile.

I really don't have much clue as to what to charge for this, it's so long ago that I really can't remember what I paid for it and I can't find the price any where here on the forum.
    Maybe someone could give me a hint or make me an offer?

Cheers

Quality, not quantity. That's how I view this forum. There's more chit-chat over on BF or the various Facebook groups but if I'm looking for the definitive answer to questions this forum is where I ask - to me it's the best source for helpful, technical speaking-from-experience advice.

Zitat von reinhard;132075

UK headlamp is identical to LHD Europe apart from low beam lens carrier (shutter has opposite attachment)
    Current pricing for new headlamp lens is 110 EUR ea. if dealer is not of the greedy type.

Build sheet and the sorry state of CB27035 8 years down the track attached.

Cheers
    Reinhard

Brilliant! Many thanks Reinhard. So just so that I 100% understand - the actual glass lenses are identical?
    (What I'm really asking is whether UK headlamp units could be used in an EU car in EU - I may have a buyer for my UK headlamps, he's in Denmark and wondered if the lamps would be suitable)

Thanks

Does anyone know if the glass lens covers are handed for LHD or RHD cars? I know the lamps can be switched over internally using the little lever but I'm wondering if the lens covers themselves are different, anyone know?
    Does anyone have the possibility to check build spec for CB27035? (that's the headlamp donor car)
    Many thanks!

Better late than never - I should have commented on this post long ago - what an excellent story! Well done Reinhard and all who were involved in the re-creation project.

Good luck Angus, I'll be watching this thread to see progress.
    I found to my horror that my car needs a little bit of remedial body work, one front wing has some tiny bubbles now, still for a car that's now 19 years old I suppose that's not too bad. The problem I have is finding someone I trust to do the work.

Many thanks Revtor. I've been looking at a couple of 18 button E36 units - outwardly they look very similar to the E31 unit.
    I'll see if I can get hold of the E36 unit and investigate further - I'll report back once I've found out more.
    The problem with my current unit is that around 5 buttons are now no longer operable - this affects both rows of buttons, I suspect you're right, the buttons are likely not individually replaceable but I'll see what I can find out.
    Cheers.

I'm sorry to risk boring a lot of the old hands here.
    My MID display is perfect - not a dropped pixel anywhere. However, I now have about 5 dead buttons so the unit is pretty much unusable. I know that the E36 unit whilst looking the same won't work in the E31 but I wondered, does anyone know if the buttons will work? (The reason is that I can get hold of an E36 unit for peanuts and I'm running on a limited budget at the moment)
    Thanks in advance for any help
    Cheers

Morning all,

boy am I out of practice!
    It's been three years - unbelievable - since I was able to play with my 8 but now finally I will be getting it back on the road. First up is of course the MOT.
    At the last MOT the car passed without trouble and as I was leaving the tester remarked to me "That SRS light came on just after you left here didn't it" nudge nudge wink wink.
    Back then, a warning light wasn't a fail only an advisory but now it's a fail.
    The problem comes from when I was thinking of changing the wheel to a flappy paddle style - Bird's were going to do this but then refused when they realised this would involve going from one-stage to two-stage airbag systems. Shortly thereafter the light came on, when I removed the wheel to see why I discovered that the connector had simply come apart. I reconnected it but of course the SRS warning light is now on.
    I need to turn it off for the MOT but don't really want to give BMW a stack of beer vouchers to do this for me.
    Does anyone know of any tricks or and OBD code scanners that will handle this job now? It used to be that the code readers couldn't touch the SRS and this was a BMW only job but that was a while ago and I wondered how the collective E31 knowledge pool views this now. Any decent code readers out there?

Many thanks in advance.
    Jason