Beiträge von argonaut

As the title suggests, I have a full set of seats available. The front seats are the sport variety, the rears are early (non-split) style. I also have a set of door cards (again, early type with black door release handles).
    I bought this set from a club member a couple of years back with the intention of fitting them to my car but I've never got around to doing this swap.
    The seats are in decent condition, they would benefit from a bit of a clean up but there are no scratches or holes anywhere. The door cards are usable but not fantastic, again they could do with a clean up.

The whole set is currently in Norfolk and collection would be preferred although I could possible organise delivery in the South East (I regularly drive up from Hastings to Norwich so anywhere along that corridor would be easy enough to organise).

I'm looking for around £100 as I could do with freeing up the space. The seat motors alone are worth that and they all check out fine. The switch gear is also all present and correct.

I've attached a few shots of the front seats, the rear seats are currently up in the loft and I haven't had a chance to grab any photos of them.

Please drop me a PM if interested or if you'd like any more info.
    Cheers,
    Jason

8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/27796/8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/27797/8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/27798/8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/27799/8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/27800/8er.org/forum/index.php?attachment/27801/

Morning All!,
    I've not been around here on the forum much of late - been far too busy with work and far too broke to spend any money on my car. Fortunately, despite going through a long and hard financial wilderness I managed to keep my 8, it's safely under wraps at a friend's house.
    Things are improving and I'm hoping I may be able to get the 8 back into use again. When I do, there's a little job that needs doing - some bushes in the back end :(
    I changed my wheels and tyres last time I used the car and noticed that one of the rear (RH) was worn over about a third of the tread from the inside. This suggests some sort of alignment issue - the car was set up and KDS checked recently (in terms of mileage prior to me swapping wheels and tyres) and no problems were noted, I'm left suspecting failing bushes causing trouble. So, I thought I might was well look to see about doing the whole job in one go - since it's a bit of a nightmare getting underneath to do this.
    I'm a bit out of touch though, can someone (Wokke maybe?) let me know what upgrade bits and bobs are available? I know Wokke produces some but I'd like to see the list of what's available.
    I also need a pair of Wokke's front arms as the dreaded shimmy is making it's presence felt under hard braking.

Cheers

You beat me to it mate, Koizumi over on Bimmerforums did this to his needles and it looks very good.

You should check out moneysavingexpert.com - I was recently looking for breakdown cover and it's apparently well known that the AA and the RAC fleece people at renewal, you should always haggle. I found that Axa offer what I want including European recovery for £95 - pretty good I think.

Zitat von Fatandre;114848

One more thing.
    Is it enough just to change the tensioner, or do I also need to change the pulley with it?

Err, short answer from me is I don't know, I would think it would make sense to change both to be on the safe side.

A "click" and then nothing is a classic symptom of either a knackered battery(ies) or a bad contact somewhere. The contact may be sufficient to run auxiliaries but not able to handle the current required for the starter motor. I would check all the of the terminal connections for each battery and the earth points and the starter itself - if you've recently had the starter changed it could be that the contact there isn't properly tight. The belt squeal on start up could be tensioner.

EDIT: something I forgot, the click could also be caused by a duff solenoid on the starter. When you try to start and you get the "click" - do the lights dim? (that's a sign of a bad connection struggling to handle the starter motor current load which would indicate that your problem is a bad contact somewhere).

I agree with Revtor, many of the members here are also members on bimmerforums.com and some of us were (maybe still are) on Roadfly too. Bimmerforums has a lot more chatter but this forum is in my opinion, better for technical input. Both forums have their place but I don't think this place is dying. There might not all that much appearing to be happening in the English speaking sections but don't forget this is an international forum with active sections in other languages - German is very busy and the French section also. For example, just checking this evening for new posts, there's only this thread in the English section but there are Four new threads in the German speaking area (I see both as one list as I have access to both and speak both languages)
    I hang around mainly in the English and German sections, sometimes are quieter than others but there seems to be a reasonably steady flow of input.

Ah! well, 23.8 is far more respectable than a measly 28 sec! Cheers ;)

Is that the figure for the 2CV or the Daf? If it's the Daf then I'd be surprised - mind you, it was a long time ago and perhaps my sense of speed was different back then...

Zitat von Argonaut;113910

On the question of insurance, how many of the above quotes recently posted are on the basis of the 8 being a second vehicle and how many with the 8 as the sole car in the household? I was with Hagerty with the 8 as my second vehicle for a premium of £330 fully comp. Now though the 8 is currently my sole car (having got rid of the thirsty unreliable Range Rover P38) and I'm looking for a replacement insurance - Hagerty told me last year they wouldn't do it on the basis of sole vehicle. Cheers.

A gentle bump here, anyone got any feedback they could share? Thanks!