Beiträge von argonaut

Zitat von 8Harry8;107571

...and it's not a question of color! :ahhhhh:

The xbay-king might be the same that Dave found in 2009.

That thing really is hideous, it looks as though it was designed by a double glazing company with artistic input from a bathroom fitter, bloody awful.

Zitat von Richard.H;106664

Please explain more about this bit....you'll need to reset the sun-roof and windows one-touch-opening by fully opening and closing the windows and sunroof.

Is there any specific method...?

Simple, push and hold the button so that each window fully retracts and then push the button until it fully closes. Same with sunroof.

Timm, I have an LSD diff laying around w/o CWP in case you're looking to build up a 3.15 with LSD. I also have the diff case and another CWP set (2. something or other, OEM for my M73)

Good ratio choice BTW, that's what I wnet for with my car and I love it.

I'll second Wayne's vote for Autoglym for the leather cleaner, good stuff but it will require a little elbow grease to get good results. Don't put too much on at once, do the job in small areas so you don't have large areas where the cleaner has already dried too much.
    DON'T use stuff like fairy liquid as it contains detergents that will harm the leather (plus salt, perfume and other junk you don't need).

Holey Brake Disks Batman!
    They should stop it!

Zitat von Fatandre;105935

Lets say someone wanted to mount the AHK to a non AHK car. Is it worth the hassle?

Theoretically possible but it would be very expensive to do and as Reinhard pointed out already, I'd not tackle it. Note that you could only potentially do this to M70/M60/M62 based versions, apparently not possible on M73 and AFAIK no M73 ever had this option.

Given the incredible price of a new AHK pump-gubbins unit (several thousand euro) you'd need deep pockets to tackle this one unless you could perhaps strip out a working system from a donor car.
    A long while back, before I got my M73 I did look into this (just for the giggles) and decided, after getting some advice that it's not worth the hassle.

ref Keenan's old car, - in this case it always amuses me that people bang on about the first aid kit, in this case, "still in its original cellophane wrapper" - which means that it's way past its use by date and thus technically illegal in the countries that insist you have a first aid kit!

Still, if anyone's interested, I still have an original BMW stamped Fist Aid kit box (empty) is anyone's looking for one :)

Zitat von BBMatic;105541

Don't understand why BMW won't supply these type of parts pre-painted for an extra charge :roll:

Possibly because of the risk of damage to a final paint finish during transport or fitting meaning BMW would end up footing the bill for someone else's damage.

Zitat von platinum850ci;105527

Hi sorry about the confusion the car is a gulf spec but is a non platinum version thats jus my user name :) and thanks will give him a ring see if he can help will be changing rotors and caps thid weekend fingers crossed.

Ah, I just assumed that it would likely be a Platinum. Do you have the build sheet details for your car? If not and you'd like them then you could join the 8coupe registry which can be found at www.8coupe.com

I look forward to seeing the pictures of you car.
    Cheers

Zitat von platinum850ci;105511

Thanks guys will try them next now any ideas where is the best place to get hold of some leads for the m73 engine guessing they are diffrent to the m70.

Hello, firstly congratulations on having a Platinum Edition - very nice!
    Ref leads, I got mine from Gerry at Phoenix Motorsport (user 8tech on this board), it's worth giving him a call to see if he can help you, even if he can't help you directly he'll definitely be able to give you some recommendations.

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of your M73
    Cheers,
    Jason

Hi Gerry,
    you have a PM,
    Cheers,
    Jason

Reinhard, many thanks for the insights into NSU, I always found NSU to be an interesting piece of automotive history but I was unaware of the link with the designer.
    A friend of mine (in Norwich) some years ago had an old NSU Prinz in a lock up garage. It had been there for years and I helped him move it out of the garage so that he could start work on it. It was in excellent condition and just needed a service and a clean up. I wonder what happened to it.
    Interestingly, the prinz bears a striking resemblance to the Hillman Imp but it's larger overall. A decent looking car.
    There used to be an R080 close to where I lived in Budapest but it was looking a little down on its luck.